Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by Napacat:
Please check this out. One of the most talented piano players I have ever heard. Have any of the musicians on this board come accross her?

https://youtu.be/rptV6K7nqu0

She's talented, but one of the most talented you've ever heard? Here's a random dude in an airport... on a poorly tuned piece of poop.

PH

Yeah...he's seems to be pretty amazing as well.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by haggis:
I'm on a bit of a Tinariwen kick today. Just listened to their amazing Elwan album.

Such good stuff. African blues by those who have a right to play it. I get shivers listening to this. So visceral. Wish I had a clue on the lyrics, but not necessary to appreciate.

PH

The CDs have booklets with some translations. And I think their website does, too.

They are doing a summer tour in the US and Canada, by the way.
quote:
quote:
quote:
I'm on a bit of a Tinariwen kick today. Just listened to their amazing Elwan album.

Such good stuff. African blues by those who have a right to play it. I get shivers listening to this. So visceral. Wish I had a clue on the lyrics, but not necessary to appreciate.

PH

The CDs have booklets with some translations. And I think their website does, too.

Yeah, they'll be here at the end of July at the Warner. Will definitely go.

PH
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

PH

PH

Pulled up Sastanàqqàm for my grandkids after dinner tonight. Was funny to watch them. They couldn't help moving to the music. Some music is like this. If you can listen to it and not move, your aren't really living.

PH
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

PH

PH

Pulled up Sastanàqqàm for my grandkids after dinner tonight. Was funny to watch them. They couldn't help moving to the music. Some music is like this. If you can listen to it and not move, your aren't really living.

PH

That's awesome!
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
The Chieftains - The Wide World Over.

I worked as a roadie at a Chieftains show in Toronto several decades ago. One of their roadies told us that the last night of each tour the guys hired a hooker for the Chieftain who always wore glasses and a tie and jacket. Makes a good story, at least!

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.