Skip to main content

Gary Clark Jr. - The Story of Sonny Boy Slim

Gotta say this is a big disappointment. Very little of his guitar prowess on display. A mix of blues, rock, hip hop, soul, funk, and pop. Seems like an intentional try at broadening his base with more mainstream, and boring, tracks. A couple of tracks sound like they came off the last Black Keys album, another attempt at watering down what made them great in favor of a more accessible, mainstream sound that left the base fans hugely let down (see Mumford & Sons latest album as,well). At least I can listen to his earlier albums to know what this guy is capable of.
quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
Watch the live clip of Blank Space on The Daily Show from last week. Awesome.

That's what prompted me to respond to your post and I went back and watched it again...meh. We've had a couple of exchanges about his music and it seems I'm just not as big a fan as you.

Can't bat 1.000... but at least we agree on plenty of other music.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
The sounds of a tailgate starting... Grill getting hot, beer flowing and happy voices.

It is 62 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and OU-Texas is in the air.

Big time college football is so special.

Wish I were there with you my friend! No matter the outcome (and I think we all know how ugly it's going to get today) the Texas-OU game is by far the most awe-inspiring sports event I've ever attended.

Enjoy! (and Hook'Em) Wink

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.