Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
quote:
Originally posted by winetarelli:
John Wesley Harding (the album)

I was going to make a snarky comment, "As opposed to the singer Roll Eyes" And then I saw this:

John Wesley Harding.

Who the hell is he? Kind of like naming yourself Big Bad John.

If You Have Ghosts

That's the only song I have and he didn't even write it. From the most excellent tribute album to Roky Erickson.
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Arcade Fire -- 'Reflektor'

I"m liking it. A bit shimmery, dirty and old school.

I like it too. Early 80s old school. The title song reminds me of Talking Heads with a bit of Blondie thrown in.

I don't like either of those bands but I agree, it does sound like them. And I like it a lot! New album's online for streaming. Liking it very much. Out on Tuesday...
quote:
Originally posted by Adam10:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Sutherland:
Arcade Fire -- 'Reflektor'

I"m liking it. A bit shimmery, dirty and old school.

I like it too. Early 80s old school. The title song reminds me of Talking Heads with a bit of Blondie thrown in.

I don't like either of those bands but I agree, it does sound like them. And I like it a lot! New album's online for streaming. Liking it very much. Out on Tuesday...

LOL I quite liked Talking Heads when they expanded their lineup in 1980 with Adrian Belew, etc.

I also hear a bit of that 80s Duran Duran "Hungry Like the Wolf" sound, and I detest Duran Duran. But yeah, all those influences are working really well here.
What I have been waiting for....jam session with my 4-yo daughter tonight...her on ukulele and me on guitar. We rocked twinkle, twinkle little star, complete with improv lyrics. I bought the uke to distract my son during her violin practice, but where she strums it, he just swings it around by the neck. My wife loves our bongo set up.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.