Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by khmark7:
quote:
Originally posted by vinoevelo:
Arcade fire neon bible

Their new release comes out this month. Curious what people think of Neon Bible.

LOVE IT. I have to say, if the first single they released is a reflection of what is on the album, I am out. I think its the worst song they have ever done and I instantly swtich it off when it comes on the radio.
quote:
Originally posted by mangiare:
Still undecided regarding the new Arcade Fire single. Some days I like and some days can't stand it. Possibly because of the length of the song it takes on many personalities?

I think that's it. Long songs have a life of their own, some work, some don't. I like parts of this song but as a whole, it's not great.

Oh and on this rainy, grey day: Patrick Doyle's Henry V soundtrack done by the Birmingham Symphony. As always, simply wonderful.
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
LOVE IT. I have to say, if the first single they released is a reflection of what is on the album, I am out. I think its the worst song they have ever done and I instantly swtich it off when it comes on the radio.

Hehe...

I think it's total ace. Gets you dancing. I've preordered the album. Especially based on the tracks they played on the youtube clip from the secret Montreal club.
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:
The Band - Rock of Ages (remastered, expanded version that was just released)

I've bragged before, I'll brag again. Saw The Band four times, once with the Dylan reunion show.

Would have loved to see that Dylan/Band tour.

I saw The Band once - September 1974 at Toronto's Varsity Stadium. The lineup was Jesse Colin Young, The Band and CSNY. Great night.

The Last Waltz is in my top five favourite concert films. (Woodstock is also on the list, as is Springsteen's Live in New York City.)
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:The Last Waltz is in my top five favourite concert films.

I've mentioned this disgusting factoid before: Did you ever notice Neil Young's cocaine booger that Scorsese attempted to remove by optically manipulating the film? Marty bragged that he successfully did it for "one of the musicians" but it was obvious on the big screen who it was.
quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
quote:
Originally posted by sunnylea57:The Last Waltz is in my top five favourite concert films.

I've mentioned this disgusting factoid before: Did you ever notice Neil Young's cocaine booger that Scorsese attempted to remove by optically manipulating the film? Marty bragged that he successfully did it for "one of the musicians" but it was obvious on the big screen who it was.

Ack Never heard this before. Now I can't wait to get home and check it out.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.