Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by steve8:
Led Zep - Celebration Day

Despite the fact that Plant had a hard time keeping up on a few songs, it's pretty good.

He lives in Austin now and his wife, Patty Griffin who's a great performer in her own right, had a gig at The Continental Club last Saturday. It was billed as "Patty Griffin and her driver" which got folks thinking - sure enough it was him. I wasn't able to go but heard some clips and he sounded pretty damn good.
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:
The Stones concert was the best concert I've ever seen. I'll spare you the superlatives, but I've never seen anything this good before.

High praise. Was this a recent concert?

I have thought they have been mere shadows of themselves for a very longtime now.

+1. I hate to quibble over my taste in music vs. Yours but they were terrible at the 12.12.12 concert. I saw them live in the mid-90s, and they were great, but they on the down slope then
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
quote:
quote:
The Stones concert was the best concert I've ever seen. I'll spare you the superlatives, but I've never seen anything this good before.

I have thought they have been mere shadows of themselves for a very longtime now.

+1. I hate to quibble over my taste in music vs. Yours but they were terrible at the 12.12.12 concert. I saw them live in the mid-90s, and they were great, but you could see they were starting on the down slope then
quote:
Originally posted by patespo1:
quote:
quote:

+1. I hate to quibble over my taste in music vs. Yours but they were terrible at the 12.12.12 concert. I saw them live in the mid-90s, and they were great, but they on the down slope then

+2. If I want to see a concert from when the Stones were on their game and still relevant...Ladies & Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones.

I saw them in 78, 81 and 89 and none of those shows were very good.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.