@winetarelli posted:

Not certain there is going to be a glut of veal if there is a shortage of beef. 

But point taken. 

Lot of folks do not like veal, and I have to ask for it at stores.  Low demand, and I am always able to purchase it.  Also add lamb, to our purchases.

With my wife being Taiwanese, we don't eat a lot of beef.  More seafood and pork.  However, we do buy beef from local farmers.  No shortage here. 

@haggis posted:

With my wife being Taiwanese, we don't eat a lot of beef.  More seafood and pork.  However, we do buy beef from local farmers.  No shortage here. 

And making haggis doesn't require any. 

I went to my local butcher today.  As far I can tell, there are no shortages and prices were the same as two months ago.  They did not have any tomahawks though.  Picked up beef short ribs that I will sous vide and finish on the grill.

There are still plenty of empty sections in the meat department at my local Albertson's but as long as you're willing to accept a different cut you can always find whatever you want or need.  Beef, chicken, pork, etc...  Matter of fact I bought some ground beef the other day for 30% off because they couldn't move it fast enough.

50 day dry aged filet. 

Though on a non beef side my boys have been loving bone-in smoked porkchops lately. Usually not something that you see very often both of my local butchers have had them every time I've been in recently. 

Brisket was $15.99 a pound at Costco this morning in Toronto.  JFC.

Had to pivot to a couple of bone out pork shoulders. 

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.