Skip to main content

Was on a buying moratorium for Covid, but the cellar was starting to thin, so I gave my credit card a workout recently.

Recent pickups: 1989 Leoville Las Cases, 1996 Leoville Las Cases, 1981 Guigal La Mouline, 1999 Lynch Bages, 2016 Clos de Papes CDP, and allocations from Saxum, Clos Solene and MacDonald.

in fact, my credit card was so active, that someone hacked my card info and also charged a few thousand dollars at Prada. Thank goodness for fraud protection.

@winedrmike posted:

Was on a buying moratorium for Covid, but the cellar was starting to thin, so I gave my credit card a workout recently.

Recent pickups: 1989 Leoville Las Cases, 1996 Leoville Las Cases, 1981 Guigal La Mouline, 1999 Lynch Bages, 2016 Clos de Papes CDP, and allocations from Saxum, Clos Solene and MacDonald.

in fact, my credit card was so active, that someone hacked my card info and also charged a few thousand dollars at Prada. Thank goodness for fraud protection.

It’s ok. I like Prada too. 

Last edited by mimik

A funky little mixed 6 for C$185 delivered:

Nigl Grüner Veltliner 'Gärtling' 2019 (Austria)

Pearce Predhomme Cinsault/Syrah 2018 (South Africa)

Sottimano 'Bric del Salto' Dolcetto D'Alba 2018 (Italy)

Domaine de la Potardière Chardonnay 'Sur Lie' 2019 (France)

Bainbridge & Cathcart 'Cuvée Rouges aux Levres' 2019 (France)

Stanners Pinot Noir 2018 (Prince Edward County)

@csm posted:

un-sh*tty price on the Monte Bello.  I balked at the $290 (first year I've not bought in a while).

I thought it was unlikely (but not impossible) to think that the KGBO would discount the Monte Bello (it's too soon after release and the $290 CAD price is consistent with US pricing), so I called the Woodbridge store.  The rather unpleasant man I spoke to at Vintages said it scans at $290, so Jetsetter must have caught a lucky break there.

Last edited by otw
@otw posted:

I thought it was unlikely (but not impossible) to think that the KGBO would discount the Monte Bello (it's too soon after release and the $290 CAD price is consistent with US pricing), so I called the Woodbridge store.  The rather unpleasant man I spoke to at Vintages said it scans at $290, so Jetsetter must have caught a lucky break there.

That's odd! Here is the SKU... Maybe it's only for a full case?

IMG-4848

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG-4848
Last edited by jetsetter
@jetsetter posted:

That's odd! Here is the SKU... Maybe it's only for a full case?

IMG-4848

Interesting that the product code doesn't show up on either the LCBO or Shop-on-Line websites.  Also, the label description you posted suggests it is the 2019 vintage which, as far as I know, has not been released yet.  So is it the 2017 that you got?  If so, that's a good price.  And did you buy the entire case?

@otw posted:

Interesting that the product code doesn't show up on either the LCBO or Shop-on-Line websites.  Also, the label description you posted suggests it is the 2019 vintage which, as far as I know, has not been released yet.  So is it the 2017 that you got?  If so, that's a good price.  And did you buy the entire case?

Ya, purchased the full case. Definitely 2017 - the barcode was on a sheet of paper on the side of the box, didn't scan each bottle.

IMG-4820

Attachments

Images (1)
  • IMG-4820
@jetsetter posted:

Ya, purchased the full case. Definitely 2017 - the barcode was on a sheet of paper on the side of the box, didn't scan each bottle.

IMG-4820

That's significantly cheaper than anything I can see on WineSearcher, so you did good!  It's the first time I can recall the KGBO giving a volume discount on anything.  Weird (but not unusual) that the product code doesn't show up on their website.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.