quote:
Originally posted by The Old Man:
A quick glance by me did not find Welshstar's name. Does he have another name? Perhaps Pianist or something?

the original poster in the thread is welshstar. i am of the firm belief that wales got rid of him, and bought him a one way ticket to the U.S. so that he could no longer annoy the f**k out of his fellow countrymen and women.
well

in case anybody is surprised

websites (out of the box tools from google analytics for instnace)

tracks things like location, potential prev webpage that linked to their page, and certainly if it was a targeted link, the person who went to that webpage.

There should be no assumption of privacy.

Visiting google, then htting another site that utilizes their networks gives them an entire trace history of where you've been on the internet.

(it's also why i make sure that I visit my fair share of pr0n sites so the govt and companies dont think i'm a weirdo)

so short answer

can sojourn get your traffic history? probably yes. is it an invasion of privacy when you click on their email link and goto their website and they find out yer going to the link? no.

but if you're truly worried. I'd suggest you throw out your credit card first.
quote:
Originally posted by Danyull:
Ummmm...

When you enter a physical store and they see you browsing but not buying, is it invasion of privacy to ask if you need help?

The internet has simply caught up with physical bricks and mortar shopping.

Shhhhhh.... Common sense not allowed.
The funniest comment by far on that thread was the bit about

"If you logged off and closed down to a totally dark screen and stared into you monitor for 3-4 minutes, and you see Craig Haserot holding sign that says: 'Want to taste a 96 Point Pinot?' while staring back at you, then I would say you have a problem."

Any one whose ever been at a tasting event Sojourn was pouring at would understand the hilarity of that.

PH - he was epic on WB. Posted one senseless poll after another, proud of his fifth-grade literacy level and habitually flying off the handle at the slightest provocation. And he told me I was cynical and nasty.

But I never wished him any harm. And he certainly never caused any for me. We all have our oddities. RIP.

On WB they've revived a number of his threads. He was also opinionated about cutlery it turns out. 

Add Reply

Likes (0)