Skip to main content

quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
The group that started here 10+ years ago has distilled a little.

I think I can speak for the remainders that we'd love to raise a glass with you both.

Shoot mail to purplehaze1956 yahoo. Post here when you do, as I check that account rarely.

PH

Agree with PH, would be great to meet you franch and raise a few glasses.

Gman i will likely be coming back from NY on the 20th so will probably miss this. Enjoy!
The "original" DC Cru was active well before I popped onto the boards. din, you'll have to help me here, but I'm pretty sure their genesis was another DC based board which is now defunct. There was some cross posting and cross pollination between the two while both were still active. I can't recall the name of the board to save myself though.

We started the DC WS offline group since there was little offline activity on WS. We had our inaugural offline in September of 2005. Time flies!

PH
quote:
The "original" DC Cru was active well before I popped onto the boards. din, you'll have to help me here, but I'm pretty sure their genesis was another DC based board which is now defunct. There was some cross posting and cross pollination between the two while both were still active. I can't recall the name of the board to save myself though.

We started the DC WS offline group since there was little offline activity on WS. We had our inaugural offline in September of 2005. Time flies!

PH

I think it was the now defunct vinocellar.com

If I remember there was a dinner at Equinox when Jake was not quite 15, so over 14 years ago.
quote:
Originally posted by g-man:
That drive back was brutal. But I did manage to pick up some m&g crab cakes!

Thanks again for the offline DC crew!

Great to meet you and your wife and kids. The port was great! The current WS magazine issue has an article about food and wine pairing, and, oddly does not mention port with crab dip!
Anyway, let us know how you like the G&M crabcakes compared to those we had Thursday night.
quote:
Great seeing you and the fam last night, g-man. Thanks for bringing that Fonseca. I can still taste it.

franch - sorry you couldn't make this mini-offline. We'll keep you posted on future get-togethers.

PH

Sorry to miss this, curious as to what did you guys drink. Please post PH or Irwin ot Gman.
Sorry to miss you, Meringue. Standouts were a 1988 Dom Ruinart, a 2002 Pol Roger Cuvee Winston and a stunning 1977 Fonseca VP. The 2002 Cuvee Winston was a tad young. I'll hold my remaining 2 for at least 5 years. The Dom Ruinart was fabulous. The Fonseca was my WOTN by a good bit. Irwin and Festiva both brought lovely Champagnes which I neglected to write down.

PH
quote:
Sorry to miss you, Meringue. Standouts were a 1988 Dom Ruinart, a 2002 Pol Roger Cuvee Winston and a stunning 1977 Fonseca VP. The 2002 Cuvee Winston was a tad young. I'll hold my remaining 2 for at least 5 years. The Dom Ruinart was fabulous. The Fonseca was my WOTN by a good bit. Irwin and Festiva both brought lovely Champagnes which I neglected to write down.

PH

Thanks, sounds like a fun night. We gotta get together soon.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.