Vintages January 19 2013

I really enjoy the wines of Spain (mostly red) and often find them to have an excellent quality to price ratio. Not familiar with too many of them in this release, but wondered if anyone had tried any of these, or if there were ones that are consistently good.

I thought the sarada might be interesting and maybe the bordon rioja. I'd welcome any suggestion as I value the opinions of the people on this board more than most of the reviews in the vintages magazine.
quote:
Originally posted by Fowler52:
A $40 Spatburgunder? Crazy

I don't see any Germany pinot noir in the release?
If I buy anything it will likely be one of the Spanish ones that I can pick up 6 or 12 to drink a bottle on a weeknight without breaking the bank.
quote:
Originally posted by swinter:
quote:

I don't see any Germany pinot noir in the release?
If I buy anything it will likely be one of the Spanish ones that I can pick up 6 or 12 to drink a bottle on a weeknight without breaking the bank.
e
U

Look at the bottom. Its an ISD product. So it wont be in every store.
quote:

Yeah, I kind of wondered about that, but you never know. I found this description on a German wine site for those who are interested:

Description
Spicy aroma with peppers, strawberries, raspberries and shades from the barrel. Juicy, spicy flavor with a cool tone, fresh berries and spicy aftertaste with fadpræg without it drying "

Werner Nakel have unconditional Germany's safest Spätburgunder hand. It is clearly expressed in his base Spätburgunder (Pinot Noir in France). A seductive nose of cherry and raspberry blend with a nice mineral and fruity flavor in the mouth. The wine is perfect for heavy fish dishes, pork and veal. To get maximum benefit should the wine drunk by 16-17 degrees.
quote:
I guess it's not too outrageous when you consider that it's hard to find an Ontario pinot noir for less than $40.

It's still outrageous, as is the fact you can't find an Ontario pinot noir for fewer than $40.
I went into the Laird St LCBO yesterday and their Vintages section looked like Mother Hubbard's cupboard - nothng left to sell. So the 19th release is going out on the floor on Monday as soon as the truck pulls in.

Too bad there's hardly anything I want to buy... LOL
quote:
Originally posted by CSM:
quote:
I guess it's not too outrageous when you consider that it's hard to find an Ontario pinot noir for less than $40.

It's still outrageous, as is the fact you can't find an Ontario pinot noir for fewer than $40.

I agree. That's the point I was trying to make. I think it's actually more outrageous that Ontario producers making pinot don't make anything I've been impressed by for under $40, and I could still find one from another country that's better and cheaper. I haven't been able to find any bargains in my own country.

Add Reply

Likes (0)