Vintages February 16 2013 Release

This release continues the agonizingly slow upward drift in the quality of wines offered by the LCBO in the new year. One wine that I enjoyed (a lot) last summer at the winery is the 2007 Antinori Badia A Passignano Chianti Classico Riserva. It was lush, savoury, fresh-tasting and rich in brambly dark fruit flavour. Give it a try at one of the LCBO tasting bars.
Original Post
Ah yes, the free market, where every seller can charge whatever buyers are willing to pay. I know the Kensington Wine Market well. They're perfectly situated to take advantage of the disposable income that flows so freely in Cowtown these days. I don't blame them - I would probably do the same. I used to make it a point to stop in on every trip to Calgary but as I watched their prices creep, they dropped off my list.
Had the poliziano last night and really liked it. On par Witt the finest retro and better than a lot of $40 brunellos. Will be getting more.

Was pleasantly surprised to see some 2010 plan Pegau in general list - no idea how long it's been there. Easily one of the top 2010 cdr's I've had. Thinking this might be a case buy.

Add Reply

Likes (0)