Roasted turkey on the grill, crusted with a salt pork sausage. Chicken, sausage and bread stuffing. Cranberry orange relish. Roasted garlic mashed potatoes.

Wines:
NV Domaine Ste. Michelle Blanc de Blanc
04 Chateau Ste. Michelle Gewürztraminer
00 Beringer Stanley Ranch Pinot Noir

Just might pop my 99 Casanova di Neri Brunello. Depends how my 3am-2pm shift goes at work that day.
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Donna:
Thanksgiving is an overrated holiday for people who want to eat, sleep, eat, sleep.


yea but just think the day after Thanksgiving is the busiest shopping day of the year

a great day for you to go to the mall and ask yourself why fat girls, ugly girls, and fat ugly girls have boyfriends and you don't

maybe even a few fat, ugly, pizza-faced girls Roll Eyes
I am not cranky...I just feel that most Americans use this holiday as their "excuse" to eat and be with family. I eat weekly with my parents and maybe every few months with extended family...I don't need to wait for a holiday to do that. American family is going down the drain...
I'll leave my wine pairings to this topic.

But, for dinner we're making...

19lb. Fried Turkey w/ Chef William's Creole Butter Injectable Marinade
Thin-sliced Brussels Sporuts sauteed with bacon and scallions
Terra's Mashed Potatoes
Homemade Spiced Cranberry Sauce
Brown-sugar glazed yams w/ Marshmallows
Boiled Sweet Corn
store-bought dinner rolls

Parents and grandparents will be bringing
two types of stuffing
Apple Pie
Blueberry Pie
Cherry Pie
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Donna:
No thanks...I already did that tonight standing at the counter at Starbucks watching that happen...but that was nice of you to think of me.


in another thread you said you were off the market

did you switch teams or are you always looking to move up or did you just give up Smile

i think the real problem is that you are not able to communicate to potential conquest what parts of your body have hair and what parts don't Cool
quote:
Originally posted by TexasVines:
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Donna:
Thanksgiving is an overrated holiday for people who want to eat, sleep, eat, sleep.



a great day for you to go to the mall and ask yourself why fat girls, ugly girls, and fat ugly girls have boyfriends and you don't

maybe even a few fat, ugly, pizza-faced girls Roll Eyes


She doesn't have to go to the mall. She posts plenty about here and on VC.
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Donna:
Thanksgiving is an overrated holiday for people who want to eat, sleep, eat, sleep.


Did anybody think this twit had any inkling of the meaning of Thanksgiving? I sure as hell didn't.

Thanksgiving is a time for families and friends to gather together, give thanks for all they have, and enjoy being together. Yes, that includes a traditional dinner. I hope someday Bella has a family and a friend or two with whom to share this holiday.
quote:
Originally posted by Board-O:

Did anybody think this twit had any inkling of the meaning of Thanksgiving? I sure as hell didn't.

Thanksgiving is a time for families and friends to gather together, give thanks for all they have, and enjoy being together. Yes, that includes a traditional dinner. I hope someday Bella has a family and a friend or two with whom to share this holiday.
I am not the typical American living hundreds of miles away from my family. We gather together, give thanks, and somewhat enjoy being together EVERY WEEK not just on Thanksgiving. I enjoy good food on a regular basis and not just splurge just because it's Thanksgiving. Whose the twit now you ungrateful American?

Don't get me started on Christmas...
Why am I an ungrateful American? I know you're not very smart, so I'll point out what I posted-

"Thanksgiving is a time for families and friends to gather together, give thanks for all they have, and enjoy being together. Yes, that includes a traditional dinner. I hope someday Bella has a family and a friend or two with whom to share this holiday."

The ungrateful twit posted this-
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Dumba:
Thanksgiving is an overrated holiday for people who want to eat, sleep, eat, sleep.
quote:
Originally posted by TBird:
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Donna:
Thanksgiving is an overrated holiday for people who want to eat, sleep, eat, sleep.


that's not all i do Roll Eyes. throw in "eat drink eat drink eat drink drink drink passout" and i am in Razz.


what, no sex??? Wink
quote:
Originally posted by ANTHONYIEZ:
quote:
Originally posted by TBird:
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Donna:
Thanksgiving is an overrated holiday for people who want to eat, sleep, eat, sleep.


that's not all i do Roll Eyes. throw in "eat drink eat drink eat drink drink drink passout" and i am in Razz.


what, no sex??? Wink


we'll have to wait and see if stemor is up to it.. Eek Eek
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Donna:
I am not cranky...I just feel that most Americans use this holiday as their "excuse" to eat and be with family. I eat weekly with my parents and maybe every few months with extended family...I don't need to wait for a holiday to do that. American family is going down the drain...


Well, if you spend so much time with your family, maybe you could use Thanksgiving to help out others who don't have the opportunities you do. Volunteer at a homeless shelter or a hospital or something that day.
quote:
Originally posted by Een:


Well, if you spend so much time with your family, maybe you could use Thanksgiving to help out others who don't have the opportunities you do. Volunteer at a homeless shelter or a hospital or something that day.
I usually do Meals-on-Wheels or the Austin Street shelter in Dallas...
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Donna:
American family is going down the drain...


i put much of the blame for that on people who are so DESPERATE they marry anything that moves when they are way too young then breed with them only to be divorced a year or two later and yet another child raised in a broken home

any thoughts on this Confused Smile
Bella Donna, those both sound like good choices.

Texas Vines, I agree with you that people are way too quick to marry and breed. I also believe that many people romanticize the idea of what the "typical American family" should be and when reality doesn't meet an antiquated, impossible standard those same people start freaking out.
Since this thread is becoming a "what do you believe an American family should be" thread...I will say it's better to marry then it is to sleep around with person after person and so on...and live with person to person to person. Just my opinion...not my situation.
We are vegetarian, although my husband used to eat meat before we met, and we are doing a nice vegetarian Thanksgiving for our family and our small circle of vegetarian friends. Salads, green beans, mashers, lots of meatless stuffing, several veggie gratins. I am even making a turkey molded from tofu this year, just for fun.

Enjoy your holidays whichever way you choose. Party with family, party with homeless, it's all good. Just be thankful you are not one of those frozen butterballs in plastic wrap.
quote:
Originally posted by TexasVines:
quote:
Originally posted by Bella Dumba:
American family is going down the drain...


i put much of the blame for that on people who are so DESPERATE they marry anything that moves when they are way too young then breed with them only to be divorced a year or two later and yet another child raised in a broken home

any thoughts on this Confused Smile


Great post, TV. The brain dead ought not to reproduce.

Add Reply

Likes (0)
×
×
×
×