rhone warrior is making a returning visit in May, what better way to welcome a fellow forumite than having an off-line. Big Grin

The dinner will take place on Saturday, May 15th, 2004 at La Toque. This has the potential to be one of the best TCF dinner yet.

For this evening, we will have a wine theme to match the wonderful culinary experience at La Toque. Unless there are strong objections from attendees, the theme will be 95pts or better, WA or WS.

We will be limited to 20 seats, first come first serve. If you would like to be placed on the waiting list, that would be fine as well.

rhone warrior - 5
pyang - 2
stealthman_1 - 1
enjoyingwine - 2
vista - 2
winebrat - 2
mjneal - 2
Gove Celio - 2

---------------------------
www.winebid.com
2004 Whirlwind Tour
Original Post
La Toque, huh. You sure make it tempting . . . but I would hate for the locks to be changed coming back to Chicago (it's really Better Half Blue Oval's turn for a girl getaway).

Actually, pyang, when do you think you will be coming back to the Midwest?

You all have a great time.

Cheers,
Blue Oval
Blue Oval,

As much as I am enjoying working at winebid, taking the job kind of put a wrinkle into my vacation plans this year.

I am not sure when I can make it out to Chicago, perhaps on a holiday weekend later on during the year, or if Dodgers happen to be visiting the Cubs on a weekend, may go with that as well. Smile

www.winebid.com
2004 Whirlwind Tour
Powell,

That number of mine is a maximum and may be reduced (I'd like to make room for others if possible). We'll be out there with several friends but we're not sure at this point if they'll want to come to Napa from SF that day.

Either way, Jen and I are looking forward to the dinner.
Last edited {1}
I wish I can make it up for this dinner...

Wait, maybe I can just wink and change my schedule...

"From wine what sudden friendship springs!"
Ok 95 pts. or better, what is everyone bringing?

In the fall, it seemed as though we were all on the Abreu page but this spring?

red4life
Pyang,

Your kind invitation for the 15th is most appreciated and extremely tempting; however, I need to tell you that there are 4 of us. My best friend and her husband will be flying in from Connecticut to join us. We all arrive around mid-day on the 15th. I haven't talked to them about it yet, but I'm sure they would have no problem with joining all of you for dinner (who wouldn't want to go to La Toque?). I'll wait to hear from you first to let me know if you have enough seats to accomodate all 4 of us.

I can tell you that they are big wineo's just like us. As a matter of fact, my friend's husband is probably the biggest catalyst that turned my hobby into more of an obsession.

I look forward to hearing from you and hope this will work. If not, maybe we can get together with you for a glass of wine later in the week.
Would love to meet you.
RedHot,

Have four spots for you, let me know as soon as you can confirm. Look forward to meeting you. Smile

rhone warrior - 2
pyang - 2
stealthman_1 - 1
enjoyingwine - 2
winebrat - 2
mjneal - 2
Gove Celio - 2
red4life - 2
RedHot - 4

www.winebid.com
2004 Whirlwind Tour
That is fine. I am just working on my private schedule on my Palm for the next few months and some details were lacking.
Thanks
rhone warrior,

Seems like you have been spending a lot of time out in California. I hope this does not mean you are planning to leave Ohio. Smile

rhb
I called La Toque earlier this evening to confirm the reservation as well as checking to see if they would take 22 of us, as I was originally told that they can only handle 20 people in the private salon.

So as long as no one mind being closer to their neighbors, we are good to go for all 22 of us. La Toque have no clue of what they are in for... Wink Big Grin

Now, if any of you on the guest list is even thinking remotely about flaking, better speak up now or else...

rhone warrior - 2
pyang - 1
stealthman_1 - 1
enjoyingwine - 2
winebrat - 2
mjneal - 2
Gove Celio - 2
red4life - 2
RedHot - 4
Brook Hilton - 1
Michael Logan - 2
Paul Walker - 1

Oh, and let's get that wine list thingy started, keep in mind of the 95pts(WA, WS, or Tanzer) or better theme as well as taking food & wine pairing into consideration. Cool

www.winebid.com
2004 Whirlwind Tour

[This message was edited by pyang on Apr 18, 2004 at 11:36 PM.]
Last edited {1}

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.