Skip to main content

Go to your local bar, pub, dive, etc. Look for the guy with short hair who is obviously intoxicated and keeps making odd grunting or barking noises. Buy him a drink. Guaranteed you'll get one of two stories for it: either some tale of his combat exploits, or that one time in Thailand when he met a one-legged prostitute who....I'll let him finish.

Happy Birthday Marines!
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:

Thank you to all that served.

Too many people place hero status on overpaid and egotistical athletes, actors, and others of similar ilk.

The real heroes are those who serve our country, which certainly includes the Marines. And when bad sh*t goes down, like an earthquake somewhere in the world, who is usually the first there to provide help and assistance? The Marines.

Thank you indeed to all of our service men and women!
quote:
Originally posted by stickman:
quote:
...I'm always pleased when I can pick up the bill for our servicemen and women.

I bet I picked up 12+ checks last week alone.

:thumbs-up:

We had the Marines at the Club Sat night for a dinner dnace. Met many nice Marines and a few Navy that were there. Also bought a few rounds, and especially if I saw a purple heart ribbon.

Happy birthday
quote:
I'm in airports far too often, but I'm always pleased when I can pick up the bill for our servicemen and women.

I picked up an old vet's check this morning; this was inspired by your gratuity. I received a proud smile in return as he continued on to the cenotaph.
quote:
I'm in airports far too often, but I'm always pleased when I can pick up the bill for our servicemen and women.

Many time when I was flying a lot, I would send a drink to the serviceman [or lady]. Got big smiles from them. Then I noticed other folks also bought a few drinks too.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.