Skip to main content

Tonight alone and then with moroccan lamb chops (thanks KSC for the lamb pairing idea). The first time I have had Clio with a meal I believe. Surprised at how well it matched with food. Still big and a bit oaky and maybe even a little closed, but it did open up after about an hour. It may have just been my palate, but everything consumed seems a bit muted today. 1-2 hr decant recommended.
We opened an '04 last night with friends. The air it got was in our glasses and I was pretty impressed how well it showed right off and got better as the night went on. My impressions are pretty close to KSCO2. It was not hot, great silky mouthfeel and I would have loved to have had it with a Lamb Shank. It's to bad that was my last of the '04.
I opened a 2004 Clio about 10 days ago, and thought it was excellent, lush, and silky smooth, and without any heat. A mid 90s score for me, probably 93/94+.

I'm continuing to hold the few bottles of El Nido that I have cellared, but I won't be buying anymore, as I prefer the Clio, and don't feel the El Nido is worth the extra $100 per bottle! However, if you are going to cellar for more than 20 years, I would suggest you consider the El Nido over the Clio.
quote:
However, if you are going to cellar for more than 20 years, I would suggest you consider the El Nido over the Clio.

I agree.....plus, I'll be lucky if my taste buds and sense of smell will still be intact in 20 years.

There will come a time when it's better to drink than to cellar. I just don't like how fast that time is coming!!

Bob

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.