Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Lentini;

I've had this wine on a couple of occasions, and find your comments dead on. The last time I had it was in a blind line-up of "different off label wines".

The wine was pleasant. It had no sense of place or time. I actually guessed a NZ pinot, because of the lightness in color and flavor.

Here was my thoughts on this wine: If you want something a little meatier than a rose on a warm summer evening, chill this down and enjoy. Will go with most foods and doesn't make you think much.
Last edited by sandyfitzgerald
opened a bottle tonight. Grilled steak and lamb chops with orzo salad and grilled carrots and brussel sprouts.
The wine is indeed pleasant. I found it to have a little more of an earthy nose and racy flavor than I thought it would, (or that I remembered from prior tasting) but certainly nothing off-putting-I don't mean to suggest that.
It is light and fruity, even with the earthiness. Definitely a delicious wine. I think it will rest comfortably for a year in the cellar before I try another one--if I can wait.
Just tried my first bottle tonight and I was impressed. Red berry with some damp forest floor on the nose. Light to medium weight and smooth on the palate with more flavor and complexity than I expected. Similar profile to the cuvee's, but just a bit less of everything and with fruit flavors that are not as ripe. Very enjoyable now and may benefit from another year of cellar time

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.