TN: 2009 Georges Descombes Morgon

Translucent dark reddish purple. The nose is a mixture of vibrant red currant and persimmons, mingled with rhubarb. The clean fruit leads the attack, accompanied with a fresh splash of acidity. Wonderful balance. I’m sure that this will age, but it is a treat to drink now.
Original Post
I was sitting here -- very tired -- contemplating how to describe this wine. My wife wasn't being of any help. Then I started to wonder if I'd posted a previous note. Jackpot.

All I need to say is 'ditto'. This is a thoroughly enjoyable beaujolais. Showing as good, if not better than a year ago.
Is it the Morgon Vieilles Vignes ?

If so, here is my TN:

First of 4 bottles. Pretty dark for a Gamay based wine. Nose shows berries, lots of spices , but lacks a real expressive side for now. On the palate, it's quite different. Lots of fruit flavors, spices, minerality, just enough concentration, nice acidity and a good lenght. Was equal on the 3rd night following the opening of the bottle. A pretty good Beaujolais. 91

dzitt
quote:
Originally posted by Sharkey:
quote:
Originally posted by dzitt:
Is it the Morgon Vieilles Vignes ?

I don't believe so. However, I would have to double-check the bottle, when I get back home later this week to be 100% sure.

Will wait then! Always nice to compare TN...

Add Reply

Likes (0)