Skip to main content

• 2007 Domaine les Pallières Gigondas Les Racines - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Gigondas (7/7/2012)
    Quite a bit different from the previous notes. Still exuberant nose, but now it's licorice and tar. On the palate, more licorice, but no tar, plums, earth, and garrigue spice. There is also a kind of cigar box flavor that reminds me of bordeaux that appears now and again. Hints of a kind of rocky minerality. Vibrant acidity. Persistent finish.

Posted from CellarTracker
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:
  • 2007 Domaine les Pallières Gigondas Les Racines - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Gigondas (7/7/2012)
    Quite a bit different from the previous notes. Still exuberant nose, but now it's licorice and tar. On the palate, more licorice, but no tar, plums, earth, and garrigue spice. There is also a kind of cigar box flavor that reminds me of bordeaux that appears now and again. Hints of a kind of rocky minerality. Vibrant acidity. Persistent finish.

aphilla, I have three bottles. Should I let them rest?
quote:
Originally posted by mpls wine guy:
quote:
Originally posted by aphilla:

aphilla, I have three bottles. Should I let them rest?

I don't know. It's drinking beautifully now and probably will continue to do so for some time. If you haven't had one, you might open one, ... and report back Smile
  • 2007 Domaine les Pallières Gigondas Les Racines - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Gigondas (5/10/2013)
    In a beautiful spot, outstanding!

Did not decant, opened and poured a couple of glasses and let air in the bottle for about an hour. Only a small amount of sediment. On opening, it was pretty closed, but after about 30 minutes became pretty nice. Floral, leather, and eucalyptus on the nose that took a little bit of coaxing but really smelled great after swirling the glass some. Red berry fruit, and a pleasant underlying stony minerality. Smooth, and a quite lengthy finish.

After reading this back to my wife she said the minerality was more chalky. I might be able to buy that. Served this with baked lamb shanks and it was a nice pairing.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.