Skip to main content

• 2007 Clos La Coutale Cahors - France, Southwest France, Cahors (3/24/2010)
    The wine is a dark ruby colored. The nose is offering blackberry and dark cherry with cedar coming from the ageing. The palate is also quite fruity with a touch of something very pleasant, medium wood on a nice smooth finish. Could take this wine as a weekly regular half bottle...

Will start again to by it after 2-3 years long pause, because of repeated deception...

It also had the 76th place in the last WS Top 100...WS gave it 90

(89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Was just coming to post about this one. Had my third bottle of this last night (first two sometime last fall/winter, bought on discount). Brought it to my monthly blind group (malbec theme), and it showed very poorly (second to last of 12 wines, the last being a so-so rosé.) It was a middle of the pack wine for me.

At this point, it definitely needs a decant, which I didn't have time to do for the bottle last night, unfortunately.

Compared with the competition ($8-$40 mostly Argentinians), it had decent smoky fruit, moderately nice/sweet oak, but was fairly thin and vegetal, somewhat barnyardy, with a short finish. Not a bad wine at all, and absolutely needs food, a four-hour decant, or ideally 2-5 more years in the cellar. Paid
$15 for this one. Hold. 84-87pts with upside.
Last edited by indybob

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.