TN: 2006 Tenuta di Nozzole Il Pareto Toscana IGT

2006 Tenuta di Nozzole Il Pareto Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (6/20/2018)[/i]

Opened by Billhike. First time I have had this wine. 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. Not decanted but it could have used it. This was the biggest wine on the table at the dinner. Inky black red color. Very thick with notes of charred oak, black currants and spices. Firm tannins at 12 years old. Hopefully this will soften with time because it is a bit of a bruiser right now. If you like that style you will like this more than I did. 91+ points.

VM

Original Post
Vino Me posted:

2006 Tenuta di Nozzole Il Pareto Toscana IGT - Italy, Tuscany, Toscana IGT (6/20/2018)[/i]

Opened by Billhike. First time I have had this wine. 100% Cabernet Sauvignon. Not decanted but it could have used it. This was the biggest wine on the table at the dinner. Inky black red color. Very thick with notes of charred oak, black currants and spices. Firm tannins at 12 years old. Hopefully this will soften with time because it is a bit of a bruiser right now. If you like that style you will like this more than I did. 91+ points.

VM

The little bit I saved was even more tannic last night. 😳

I just checked my box—yup, I grabbed the Prum.  I guess I didn’t realize there was still a splash in the bottle.  I just poured it.  So, three days later, no cork, 300+ mile car ride, variable temps (none of them “cold”), the wine still sings!

Add Reply

Likes (0)