Skip to main content

Dense purple in color. Aromas of cherry liquor and vanilla oak filled the room as soon as I decanted the wine therefore I thought to myself that clearly this wine is a "new" world Bordeaux. The wine was drunk over a 5 hour period. Nose of cherry liquor, coffee, vanilla, plums (lending to a slightly tarty nose), and hints of alcohol in the background. On palate, the sweet liquor rushes every corner followed by a meaty taste and toasty oak coming across in layers. A very enjoyable young Bordeaux and a learning experience as I realized that regardless of the "new" world nose, the wine retained its pomerol terrior. Once mature, I would probably rate the wine 2-3 points higher.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

2006 La Croix St. Georges Pomerol -- red violet color. Youthful, slightly muted, nose of doughy vanilla and fresh black fruits. Elegant frame. The flavors, while initially shut down, opened up over an hour. There is plump ripe blackberry and blueberry, with fine grained tannins and a nicely integrated vein of acidity. The finish lingers. Needs time, but drinkable with air right now. 92+

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.