Skip to main content

• 2005 Vincent Girardin Bourgogne Cuvée Saint-Vincent - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne (11/23/2008)
    My first bottle, obvious signs of seepage. Smell of dark fruit, some bret, and cellar dank. I enjoy moderate levels of bret however. Notacable acid with less fruit on palate. Short finish, but mouth watering. One dimensional wine. I will try a bottle which did not have seepage shortly. This bottle 85 pts. (85 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Ahh much better, this bottle was not corked. In retrospect the last bottle was clearly damaged (seepage). "Audozed" for 8 hours, decanted for one. The nose on this wine, manure dark fruits and cherries. It smells delicious. On the palate more dark fruits, excellent acidity, and intergrated/hidden tannins. More barnyard, delicious and mouth-watering. Short and simple finish. This is a solid QPR, even at $28.00 CDN. 90 pts. This will develop for years to come. I will buy more.
  • 2005 Vincent Girardin Bourgogne Cuvée Saint-Vincent - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne (11/6/2010)
    Hello farmyard $hit-pile!! Having said that, this is one of the most delicious feces scents on a wine I have ever had. On day one this was not giving too much, and was very closed and muted. Day 2 (tonight) this is the Burgundy bomb! Everything I love about Burgundy in a wine. The palate is raspberry, more manure, and balanced acidity. The finish is at least 10 seconds in length and mouth watering. This wine needs proper decanting, or pour a glass off on day one and put the cork in the bottle until the next day. Yummy, wish I would have bought more. Only 2 bottles left. (91 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.