Skip to main content

After battling a head cold for the past week, last night I was craving some vino and decided to check in on this.

• 2005 M. Chapoutier Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Bernardine - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (10/20/2010)

Opened and served right away. Medium red in colour, with some slight brownish hues towards the edge. Developing nose of stewed red fruits with loads of tobacco and some sweet funk. Nice intensity on the nose. Sweeter raspberry notes on the palate with more tobacco. Some grainy tannins left but overall an easy-going mouth feel. Medium acidity and body with a medium length finish. There are hints of heat on the finish but you have to be looking for it. This bottle isn’t as advanced as my last bottle. Drinks well now but no rush. Very good. 89+ (89 pts.)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I would usually agree, as I enjoy most CdPs with 10-15+ years on them. But I’ve had this wine a few times, and they have all been quite advanced. This bottle in fact was the most youthful of the 3 or 4 times I’ve tasted it, and even this one I found to be more advanced than I would expect from a 5 year old CdP.

There are a few other local winos that have said the same thing about this wine, so maybe there was a shipment issue here with the entire lot.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.