• 2005 Château Timberlay - France, Bordeaux, Bordeaux Supérieur (11/10/2008)
    On the nose some dark fruit and a hint of cassis. On the palate much the same, dark fruits, oak and little to no tannin. The wine drinks "thin" but not to the point where it is not enjoyable to drink. It is a everyday wine found for under $10.00 which is a good glugger when you have non-wine geek friends over or you cannot commit time for reflection / analysis but want to drink some wine. (84 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
Original Post
Thanks. Another good value is the Chateau Pey La Tour. Also Merlot based. Superstore seems to have skipped right past the 2005 and gone to 2006. I spotted the 2005 reserve bottling at 123rd Street Liquor Store today, but I wasn't about to pay $24 for it. Will keep an eye out for that one at Superstore.
quote:
Originally posted by mitPradikat:
That sounds like the kind of everyday wine that an average Parisian would pick up at Monoprix for about 3 Euro to enjoy with a simple roast chicken. I always wondered if this perennial Superstore product was worth a try. Thanks.

Had the 2008 Timberlay last night - my wife bought it awhile back in Buffalo for under $10 - and this describes it perfectly. In fact, forget native Parisians. The Timberlay reminded me of the 3 Euro bottle of Bordeaux that we bought at Monoprix and ate with a roast chicken and baguette in Parc du Champ de Mars by the Eiffel Tower. The setting made the wine seem a whole lot better than it was.

Add Reply

Likes (0)