• 2004 Pio Cesare Barolo - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (10/3/2009)
    Drank from 375 ml. A little tannic out of the bottle but only about 20 minutes in the glass was needed to soften it right up. Nose of dark red fruit, some earth, mushrooms and leaves. The aromas seemed to fill the air. First sip yielded abundance of cherry fruit, mushrooms and flowers. Nice bite on the finish, which lasted 20 seconds. I have 4 more splits and one 750, but I don't think I need to stage these out. Only 6 months ago, I thought these needed a few more years. With a good meal, they're coming out! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by StarV100:
  • 2004 Pio Cesare Barolo - Italy, Piedmont, Langhe, Barolo (10/3/2009)
    Drank from 375 ml. A little tannic out of the bottle but only about 20 minutes in the glass was needed to soften it right up. Nose of dark red fruit, some earth, mushrooms and leaves. The aromas seemed to fill the air. First sip yielded abundance of cherry fruit, mushrooms and flowers. Nice bite on the finish, which lasted 20 seconds. I have 4 more splits and one 750, but I don't think I need to stage these out. Only 6 months ago, I thought these needed a few more years. With a good meal, they're coming out! (93 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

Sorry everyone. I'm just learning how to post a note directly from Cellar Tracker and was trying to append this to an existing thread.

Add Reply

Likes (0)