Skip to main content

2004 Charlier & Fils Champagne Special Club Brut - France, Champagne (4/9/2016)

Opened by a friend who brought this bottle back from France. This wine is not imported into the U.S.. I wanted to visit this winery during my visit to the region in 2013 but ran out of time. This Marne Valley producer is one of the founding members of the Club Tressors. 80% Chardonnay, 10% Pinot Meunier and 10% Pinot Noir. Aged 10 years in cellar before release (the maximum allowed by Special Club rules). Straw color. Surprisingly young and fresh for being aged so long. Smokey flavors with notes of creamy french toast and brioche. Long finish. 94 points.

VM
Original Post

This is a gorgeous champagne. At 15 years post vintage It is creamy from beginning to end with a smoky profile. Toasted brioche with baked apple and a a pleasing roasted mushroom component. The length of the finish on this is very long. After drinking this, it makes me want to get back into working with Charlier get into the US market so champagne lovers here in the USA can discover what they are all about. 94-95 points. if you are traveling in Europe and find any vintage of this special club buy it and bring it back. You will not be disappointed.

IW

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.