Skip to main content

A delicious wine! Starts off a bit austere, a bit dry, as if you don't know where this is going. Then you're hit with the realizations that dark cherries are in your mouth, moving into a strong black pepper then followed by a wave of spicebox and other dark, lucious fruit with leathery undertones and a little earthiness. A fantastic wine with layers of complexity and fruit. Well worth the wait. This is one of the first wines I bought and our patience has paid off. Just a fun wine with so much going for it. Wish I had more. Hadn't had a zin like this in awhile. (93 pts.)
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Zinerator, I agree with your praise for the '03 Geyserville. Just a joy to drink and what an intoxicating nose. I bought 4 bottles of this and 4 of the '03 Lytton Springs and have drank them over the past 4 years, now all gone. The Geyserville was consistently a couple points better to my taste. I've never been let down by any of Ridge's Zin blends so far. Hopefully I'll be able to say the same years down the road when I'm finally able to open one of the Montebello cabs i'm patiently cellaring.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.