• 2003 Château La Vieille Cure - France, Bordeaux, Libournais, Fronsac (6/20/2007)
    2004 Evesham Wood Seven Springs, 2003 La Vielle Cure and 202 Phelps Insignia (Boston burbs): Didnt decant. Opened up significantly over the 3 or so hours this was consumed. Opens with a floral and smoke/campfire aroma, that later changes to graphite and dark red fruits with air. Should have decanted this one in advance. Very chewy tannins suggest this is one to put away, I just hope the fruit has enough to outlast the wall of tannin. Good depth to the berry flavors despite the tannin. Nice value for $24. (88 pts.)
Original Post
Jcocktosten, did you happen to buy it at a Wine Watch tasting in February? I got some then and liked it better than spacewrangler, scoring it a 90. Andrew said all the bottles had been open the previous evening, so the extra time may have softened it more as it didn't strike me as tannic.
quote:
Originally posted by vinole:
Jcocktosten, did you happen to buy it at a Wine Watch tasting in February? I got some then and liked it better than spacewrangler, scoring it a 90. Andrew said all the bottles had been open the previous evening, so the extra time may have softened it more as it didn't strike me as tannic.

Bingo - We also got some D'Aguiles and St. Pierres at that tasting. Had the D'Aguile last month and it was rocking.
quote:
Originally posted by vinole:

If I had decanted, this would have shown a whole lot better. Great qpr regardless though, should have enough muscle to last a long time.
quote:
Originally posted by Jcocktosten:
Exactly - did you get to taste the Pavie that Andy opened? It was awesome -

Yes, I did. Very nice, but needs time. Here are my notes from that tasting I posted on CT.

Spacewrangler, I agree that decanting would have likely improved the wine, as it was quite approachable with long air time.

Add Reply

Likes (0)