2002 Clarendon Hills Grenache Old Vines Romas - Australia, South Australia, Blewitt Springs, Clarendon (9/30/2005)
Another wine which was opened at the Haggis abode on Saturday. It is always a pleasure to drink a Clarendon Hills wine. These wines never seem to disappoint. Solid crimson color. Ripe red fruit with a hint of black pepper. Round texture and a full mouth feel. Nothing over the top about this wine. Well balanced. 91 points.

VM
Original Post
2002 Clarendon Hills Grenache Old Vines Romas - Australia, South Australia, Fleurieu, Clarendon (1/17/2009)
WIML90

Tasted January 17, 2009 at an offline.

Opened and served immediately. Raspberry color in the glass, clear hue throughout. Little hot on the nose accompanied by aromas of raspberries, a bit of red currants and a little melted red licorice. Flavors of raspberries, berries and a dash of tart red cherries. Light to medium acidity, light to medium tannins, medium body. Drink now with a short decant or maybe hold over the short to medium term. (90 pts.)

2002 Clarendon Hills Grenache Old Vines Romas - Australia, South Australia, Fleurieu, Clarendon (6/20/2018)[/i]

Opened by Jcubed. This was opened before dinner but I'm not sure how long. I last had this wine in 2005 and it does not seem to have lost anything since then. Still a big wine with substantial tannins. Some orange bricking around the edges now. Notes of tar, cassis and Southern Rhone garrigue. Full bodied. 91-92 points.

VM

Add Reply

Likes (0)