Receiving no responses to my query above, I decided just to open the damn thing and see what is going on.

Glad I did. This is in a great place now. Loaded with plum, dark cherry, dark roast coffee, and spice. The tannins are very soft, almost velvety. This is not an over-the-top Aussie shiraz; rather, it is restrained and elegant. A real stunner now and will only improve with age. Drink now with great pleasure, but can hold for another 10 years. Wish I had more! 94pts
This is good to hear. I have a couple of bottles from the 2002 vintage that I bought in a weak moment, and I keep wondering what to do with them every time I see them in the cellar. Sounds like you found them quite enjoyable. How do you think it would do with food?
quote:
Originally posted by on the wine:
This is good to hear. I have a couple of bottles from the 2002 vintage that I bought in a weak moment, and I keep wondering what to do with them every time I see them in the cellar. Sounds like you found them quite enjoyable. How do you think it would do with food?

I think it would pair nicely with some grilled red meat. No fancy marinades or seasonings. Just S&P.

Add Reply

Likes (0)