Skip to main content

Opened and decanted immediately. Nose relatively closed. Very dark garnet color. Extracted with big glass cling.

Rich, complex flavors of cherries, blackberries, coffee, anise and cedar. Tanins in pretty nice balance with the fruit. Will benefit from age and should open up to reveal more with time. Nose was about 30% there. Nice length. 94pts

Interesting now, but I think I'll wait two years to try btl # 2.
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

• 2001 David Arthur Cabernet Sauvignon Estate - Rutherford, Napa Valley, California, USA (9/20/2004)
    Opened this with grilled lamb chops and roasted red peppers. First of all, this was clear infantcide. This wine will continue to improve for the next 5-10 years and then have decades to go after that. But, good god is it good now. Color is DEEP purple. No light gets through this bad boy at all. Glass staining color and viscous texture. The nose was a little closed, but showed a little cassis, plum and eucalyptus with some coaxing. On the palate this baby explodes with deep, dark, concentrated fruit flavors. Lots of plum, cassis, tar, and espresso flavors swirl around this mouth coating wine. You get a bit of alcohol on the finish along with fine grained but substantial tannins. In fact, if you told methat this was a Shiraz, I would believe you - it is that concentrated. It does come across as just a bit disjointed now. Kind of everything going in all different directions, but the stuffing is in this wine for it to be a complete stunner. Awesome stuff! Sad that I only have one more. (97 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker!

TripDaddy Smile Smile Smile
2001 David Arthur Cabernet Sauvignon Estate - USA, California, Napa Valley, Rutherford (2/16/2007)

This was opened in LA at an offline at Pinot Envy's home. This full bodied wine seemed to have more balance than some of the other high end Cabs at this offline. Notes of plum, currant and smokey oak. Tannins seemed to be more integrated as well. 91-92 points.

VM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.