Skip to main content

What a fantastic Alsatian dessert wine this was. Should you expect any less from Zind Humbrecht? I have had the luxury of drinking Z-H wines from Rangen de Thann and Heimbourg vineyards over the last couple years and have never been disappointed. Pinot Envy generously brought this wine to Las Vegas last weekend for all of us to try. It normally sells for about $160 per 375ml and received 96 points from WS. Only 130 cases were made of this.

We drank this with dessert at an Italian restaurant Sunday night (I really don't remember what dessert we had since all of us were so engrossed in a conversation). Sweet and concentrated with notes of citrus rind, apricot, pear concentrate and what tasted like a hint of botrytis. A full mouth feel with flavors bursting at the seems. Extremely well made although on the rather young side to be drinking now. Hold this for 5-10 years before drinking to let it really shine. 94+ points.

VM
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

cdr- 2000 was a very good year in Alsace. WS gave the vintage 93 points and described it as "Ripe, vibrant wines; botrytis allowed fine late-harvest wines. A great Riesling year." Parker gave it 90 points. I concur and would give rate the vintage within the 90-93 range.

PE- This was the half bottle that had the clear plastic wrapped around it. We had it on Sunday night at Antonio's after the 2003 Chateau VinoMe Vin de Noix. It is not uncommon for people to forget everything that happened after trying one of my wines.

VM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.