Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Posted from CellarTracker
1996 Château Pichon-Longueville Baron - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (11/26/2006)
WIML93,WS91,WS92

Tasted November 24, 2006 at an offline. Opened and served immediately in a Spiegelau Authentis Magnum glass. Purple color in the glass, clear hue throughout. Nose of plums, blackberries, coffee and graphite. Flavors of plums, blackberries and cassis. Good balance. Drinking remarkably well for such a young wine. Drink or hold. Should hold for many years to come. (93 pts.)
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
1996 Château Pichon-Longueville Baron - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (11/26/2006)
WIML93,WS91,WS92

Tasted November 24, 2006 at an offline. Opened and served immediately in a Spiegelau Authentis Magnum glass. Purple color in the glass, clear hue throughout. Nose of plums, blackberries, coffee and graphite. Flavors of plums, blackberries and cassis. Good balance. Drinking remarkably well for such a young wine. Drink or hold. Should hold for many years to come. (93 pts.)

Joe, I was very surprised at how well this was drinking. It was only open for about two hours, but was seemless and beautiful imo.

A style of Bordeaux I love and this bottle was drinking great. A 94+ point bottle.

w+a
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by wineismylife:
WIML93,WS91,WS92

Joe, I was very surprised at how well this was drinking. It was only open for about two hours, but was seemless and beautiful imo.

A style of Bordeaux I love and this bottle was drinking great. A 94+ point bottle.

w+a

----------------------------------------------

I too was surprised at how open this was. Clearly approachable, I hope to give it 3 to 5 years more before I open another. 92-93 for now, with room for improvement.
Had this last night at dinner with Mimik and Basecadet...and my better half. Decanted and poured back into the bottle a couple of hours before serving. Dark reddish-purple colour with nose of cedar, blackberry and lead pencil. Medium-full bodied wine with decent black currant, cherry and spice flavours on a medium finish. Slightly hollow mid-palate. I expected more from this. 90 points. If you have any of this, I would hold as there was no sign of decline and you can hope that it will improve.
I will admit that we didn't decant this bottle but for maybe an hour but I'm thinking that the bottle was off regardless. Seemed a bit muted and herbal but still pleasant, and possessed a mildly funky nose. Disappointed but my friends enjoyed it. Would have given it an 86. I did have the 1994 Pichon-Baron this last summer and found it really nice, would recommend holding a little longer.
[QUOTE]Originally posted by steve8:
Had this last night at dinner with Mimik and Basecadet...and my better half. Decanted and poured back into the bottle a couple of hours before serving. Dark reddish-purple colour with nose of cedar, blackberry and lead pencil. Medium-full bodied wine with decent black currant, cherry and spice flavours on a medium finish. Slightly hollow mid-palate. I expected more from this. 90 points. If you have any of this, I would hold as there was no sign of decline and you can hope that it will improve.[/QUOTE

How much longer Steve, I've got 3 more bottles which keep screaming at me everytime I walk into the celler.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.