TN: 1989 Lynch Bages

A great, but not yet ready, example of Lynch Bages (and Pauillac). Deep dark ruby in color. Notes of tobacco, ciagar spice, cedar, roasted plum, scorched earth, olive pit, and black cherry. Great nose. Palate shut down in comparison. Needs more time. 93+ pts.
Original Post
  • 1989 Château Lynch-Bages - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (4/12/2010)

From a 375ml.
    Tasted and decanted for about 2 hours.
    On the nose some dark fruits, tobacco, leather, earth.
    On the palate, cherries, blackberries, earthy notes, spices and faint iron. Layers and layers building up to a medium to full body wine.
    A perfect balance of fine tannins and acidity with a medium to long finish. It kept improving over about 2 hours. Still young but quite impressive.
quote:
Originally posted by ArieS:
  • 1989 Château Lynch-Bages - France, Bordeaux, Médoc, Pauillac (4/12/2010)

From a 375ml.
    Tasted and decanted for about 2 hours.
    On the nose some dark fruits, tobacco, leather, earth.
    On the palate, cherries, blackberries, earthy notes, spices and faint iron. Layers and layers building up to a medium to full body wine.
    A perfect balance of fine tannins and acidity with a medium to long finish. It kept improving over about 2 hours. Still young but quite impressive.

Not surprised. My 1982s are just now hitting the drinking window.
Decanted for one hour, throwing a bit of sediment. Medium ruby, 12.5% alcohol, nose of dark fruits, leather and cedar opened up right away. Balanced with a long finish, elegant and very enjoyable now but will keep for years. I doubt it will be improving from this point. Very nice, glad to have a couple more to look forward to. 92 points.
quote:
Originally posted by Pippin:
Decanted for one hour, throwing a bit of sediment. Medium ruby, 12.5% alcohol, nose of dark fruits, leather and cedar opened up right away. Balanced with a long finish, elegant and very enjoyable now but will keep for years. I doubt it will be improving from this point. Very nice, glad to have a couple more to look forward to. 92 points.

Thanks for this. I have one bottle left in the cellar.
quote:
Originally posted by irwin:
quote:
Originally posted by PurpleHaze:
quote:
Originally posted by wine+art:
Irwin brought a bottle of this for GF, PH, CS, Longboarder, Festiva and me last year and it was absolutely excellent.

+1

PH

It was the company that made the night.

It sure was not the two corked bottles of '89 Bordeaux PH and I brought.
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Irwin brought a bottle of this for GF, PH, CS, Longboarder, Festiva and me last year and it was absolutely excellent.

+1

PH

That simply makes the next bottles from you two more special. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Gentleman farmer:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

+1

PH

That simply makes the next bottles from you two more special. Wink

I thought this tread might bring the pirate out of hiding. Wink

Add Reply

Likes (0)