Skip to main content

1989 J. Lassalle Champagne Brut 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs - France, Champagne (11/21/2006)

This is a small Champagne house which only has an annual production of 6000 cases (less than 1% of many of the large Champagne houses). It is run by the wife and daughter of the late Jules Lassalle. The grapes are sourced exclusively from their own premier and grand cru sites. As with all blanc de blancs this is 100% Chardonnay. This had a fine bead and made in a dry style. Very lively when I tried it. I did not have a chance to go back and try it a 2nd time but some of the CWM said it flattened out a little. Notes of almond paste, brioche and a little spice. Rich and elegant with excellent acidity. My favorite of the 4 Champagnes at this event. I liked this wine and the $40 price so much that I went back and bought two more bottles. 95 points.

VM
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

1989 J. Lassalle Champagne Brut 1er Cru Blanc de Blancs - France, Champagne (2/12/2007)

I took a bottle of this out to Los Angeles and I opened it with some of the CRS crew on Sunday with Dim Sum in Chinatown. Not quite as good as before. This bottle was slightly more oxidized than the first one. I still found it to be a very good full bodied sparkler that would certainly appeal to anyone who enjoys aged Champagne. 90-91 points.

VM

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.