Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Some things to watch that will be different:

The course will play longer especially given the rain.

No patrons. This is the one golf event (Ryder Cup also) that fans make all the difference. The players feed off of the energy of the crowds particularly those roars through the pines on the back nine. Also, the fans provide depth perception framing the greens on approach shots. The only positive thing of no fans is that we get to assess the full architecture of the course.

No spring flowers.

Bryson and his new found distance. He hit some drives on 13 that ended up in a wedge approach, That's a second shot on a par 5. He will likely have wedge on most of the holes.

It's still the Masters and I am happy.

DJ breaks out of the pack with a near perfect 65 missing 0 fairways and only 2 greens (he hit two par 5s in two so that is equivalent of 18 greens). He has tied Spieth's 54 hole scoring record of -16 and became the first to post multiple 65s in the same Masters. That being said, DJ has been known to lose leads in majors. The three at -12 include three young international stars IM, Ancer and Cam Smith.

Good for DJ, it was a record setting win in many ways. I do not think that he gives away any more majors. He may lose a few by being outplayed, but nerves will not factor in quite as much now. I see him winning two more.

When they announced last year's Presidents Cup team for the International team, many were skeptical. Names like Cameron Smith, Sung Je Im and Abraham Ancer were not known even to most golf fans, but they are now. Im in particular looks like a future star. The birdies that Smith made on 7, 9 and 15 were incredible.

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.