Could be interesting with DeChambeau in the lead, Phil and Koepka right behind and Tiger having a decent first round.  Right now I would put my money on Koepka, but it is way too early to tell, as so many things can happen at the Masters.  Weather may play  a role in this especially on Sunday with some t-storms possible.

Justin Rose.... On 18, he hooks his tee shot into a bush.  Whacks at the ball with a rescue club, and hits a fantastic shot to just shy of the greenside bunker.  Hits a beautiful chip, that misses going in for a three by a fraction of an inch, and runs by about 3 feet.  Misses the 3 footer, and thus, misses the cut by one.  (This ,  after bogeying 17) Argghhhh.

Halfway home and we have the makings of a classic. Not only there is a five way tie at the top a first in the Masters, all of them are major champions which is a first in any major (if not any tourney). Then one behind you have DJ, a guy even I have never heard of in Harding, Schauffle and some other guy who will energize this place like it has never been seen before. I was bouncing off the walls on Tiger's back nine yesterday, Sunday yells and it was only Friday. Add in a lurking Phil plus many others, this is going to be fun.

flwino posted:

Hope they can play well using umbrellas.  Rain 50-60% chance next two days.  More severe than yesterday.  Miserable here on T. Simons and supposed to worse towards ATL

Looks like it might be ok today, but Sunday afternoon could be a real problem and prevent completion of the tournament on Sunday

Lowest scoring day in Masters history in round 3 including three 64s. They have changed the final round tee times due to the weather so for a Masters first, split tees in threesomes starting at 7:30 AM (leaders at 9:20). We have the same guys who played well in majors last year up top - Molanari, Woods, Finau and Koepka. While the Big Cat is on the prowl, Molanari just does not make mistakes. The "champion golfer of the year" already stared down Woods one on one at Carnoustie, so I fully expect him to play well today. Woods needs a magical round to win, and remember, he has never come from behind in the last round to win a major. However, he has come from behind on a Sunday to win a Masters. That was in 2005 when the majority of round 3 was played Sunday morning and he got the lead in that round en route to has last win here.

One of the greatest days ever for the game of golf. This completes as great a comeback in sports as exists, the man could hardly walk two years ago. Very rarely is there pure joy in victory, but it was experienced by Tiger, his family and the fans. This may be my favorite Masters ever.

The similarities between this one and Nicklaus in 86 are uncanny. Both won when it was believed it was not possible, both beat a stacked leaderboard, and a Euro put one in the water at 15 (Seve in 86). When ranking Masters, it is 1A and 1B.

Beerman, one of the greatest comebacks for sure. No doubt. It looked like his career was over two years ago. 

Before our time a local DFW legend, Ben Hogan won the 1950 U.S. Open after a car accident that doctors thought may not only end his career, but his  ability to even walk again.  

I think the decision to play threesomes and start in the a.m. on both nines was one of the best decisions every made in the history of golf. And they were rewarded for sure.

This tournament is, in my view, the greatest pro sports event of the year.  One thing about golf.  It's the player vs. the course.   No referees to fail to call pass interference or double dribbles.  The ball goes in the water or on the green. It lips out or drops in.  It's pure.

The 12th hole wreaked havoc on the final two groups.  I had flashbacks of Spieth in 2016.

What would have been Woods' strategy had Finau and Molinari stuck their drives near the hole?  Would he still have played it safe, driving over the bunker, or would he have felt the need to go at the flag?

As usual, the traditional Sunday hole location at 16 provided some incredible moments, with DeChambeau and Thomas both finding the bottom of the cup (the first ever hole-in-one for DeChambeau).

It was an unforgettable Sunday; due to the golf tournament, and the fact that our family brought home an eight-week-old golden retriever puppy.  We will talk about that day for many years to come.

Guess I was the only one actually routing for Molinari.  Great comeback for Tiger, only 2 years ago he wrapped his car around a pole and was arrested for driving under the influence.  He could have killed someone.  Great guy 

Seriously, its noted that I’ve never been a Tiger fan and while I recognize most in the golf world wanted this, I doesn’t do anything for me.  I recognize his mass importance to the game, but I don’t celebrate him.  

glennk posted:

Guess I was the only one actually routing for Molinari.  Great comeback for Tiger, only 2 years ago he wrapped his car around a pole and was arrested for driving under the influence.  He could have killed someone.  Great guy 

Seriously, its noted that I’ve never been a Tiger fan and while I recognize most in the golf world wanted this, I doesn’t do anything for me.  I recognize his mass importance to the game, but I don’t celebrate him.  

My other half and I were also for Molinari.  We also agree with thoughts re Eldrick

Add Reply

Likes (0)