Skip to main content

Great article. Brought back memories of playing Stardust and Pala Mesa while growing up north of San Diego. Also was there the night when the Sports Arena opened with a Gulls game.

Not surprised that Jordan gambled and didn't pay. I've always thought his minor league baseball career was the result of Stern telling him to either retire or take a year off because of his gambling. Doesn't everyone want to ride a bus through the Deep South in summer? The NBA couldn't afford the publicity that Jordan's gambling would have brought the league, considering the marketing of him by the league.

Great article. Brought back memories of playing Stardust and Pala Mesa while growing up north of San Diego. Also was there the night when the Sports Arena opened with a Gulls game.

Not surprised that Jordan gambled and didn't pay. I've always thought his minor league baseball career was the result of Stern telling him to either retire or take a year off because of his gambling. Doesn't everyone want to ride a bus through the Deep South in summer? The NBA couldn't afford the publicity that Jordan's gambling would have brought the league, considering the marketing of him by the league.

Stardust is now Riverwalk and a mess. Played it last summer with sarbuze for around $12. The west end is scheduled to be developed into apartments. I think they will leave 18 holes of the 36 but not sure. Pala Mesa still fun but been a few years since I've played it

@billhike posted:

Interesting. It’s well known he was ill. Not sure if that’s what you were doubting, or something else. 

You can see a few college games where the guy had food poisoning, they literally shit their pants and have to goto the locker to change.

Can you imagine such a game during the time of cv19?  He'd literally would have been a massive super spreader.

Craig Fite has come forward claiming he was the asst mgr of the Pizza Hut that MJ’s entourage ordered from.  His account is interesting, as there are aspects that support the possibility of tampering (he states everyone in the delivery food service industry knew where the Bulls were staying, he personally made the pizza as he says he was the only Bulls fan at that Pizza Hut, and he went to the hotel along with the delivery driver), as well as a number of aspects that point to the pizza not being the specific reason for MJ being in horrible condition by gametime (that he was a fan and wanted to meet MJ, the suite was awash in cigar smoke, and the windows were wide open on a cold Utah night while MJ was wearing either a tank top or no shirt at all).

I was/am a huge MJ fan.  I also have had severe food poisoning.  I like cigars, but not to the level that MJ did/does.  I’ve experienced more than a few late nights where food, alcohol, cigars and cold weather were in the mix.  I’m not a medical professional.  Maybe the food was tampered with.  But it seems more like a confluence of a number of factors that laid out MJ the following day.........

@ProSys posted:

Craig Fite has come forward claiming he was the asst mgr of the Pizza Hut that MJ’s entourage ordered from.  His account is interesting, as there are aspects that support the possibility of tampering (he states everyone in the delivery food service industry knew where the Bulls were staying, he personally made the pizza as he says he was the only Bulls fan at that Pizza Hut, and he went to the hotel along with the delivery driver), as well as a number of aspects that point to the pizza not being the specific reason for MJ being in horrible condition by gametime (that he was a fan and wanted to meet MJ, the suite was awash in cigar smoke, and the windows were wide open on a cold Utah night while MJ was wearing either a tank top or no shirt at all).

I was/am a huge MJ fan.  I also have had severe food poisoning.  I like cigars, but not to the level that MJ did/does.  I’ve experienced more than a few late nights where food, alcohol, cigars and cold weather were in the mix.  I’m not a medical professional.  Maybe the food was tampered with.  But it seems more like a confluence of a number of factors that laid out MJ the following day.........

And another guy claims the pizza hut had closed for the night and it was not that guy - there is no way of knowing as this kind of story brings all the nutjobs out of the woodwork seeking their moment of fame

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.