The 2011 Cotes du Rhone reds thread

Hopefully grossie, as the starter of the 2010 thread doesn't mind me kicking this one off.

2011 St. Cosme - popped and poured, following over an hour and a half. Medium purple-ish in color. Aromas of berries, violets, grape jelly, with hints of sticks and stones in the background. Medium-bodied. Quite tannic and acidic. The fruits coming through are raspberry, strawberry and blueberry. Not much spice at this point. Decent, but I was expecting better; maybe it needs a little time to seettle down. I'm sure I will try this wine again before too long. 87.
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by billhike:

2011 St. Cosme - popped and poured, following over an hour and a half. Medium purple-ish in color. Aromas of berries, violets, grape jelly, with hints of sticks and stones in the background. Medium-bodied. Quite tannic and acidic. The fruits coming through are raspberry, strawberry and blueberry. Not much spice at this point. Decent, but I was expecting better; maybe it needs a little time to seettle down. I'm sure I will try this wine again before too long. 87.

Had this wine last month...

Dark ruby color. Red and black berries, spices and red meat on the nose. On the palate, it’s dense, well made, somewhat chewy, but not overdone or round. Lots of fruits (cooked raspberries, blueberries), pepper, meat. Good acidity which help balance the alcohol (14%). The finish is a little dry, but overall well appreciated. 88-89. Made of 100% Syrah grapes…

dzitt

Add Reply

Likes (0)