Pork tenderloin, cauliflower and fingerlings, oven-roasted.
Replies sorted oldest to newest
Pan roasted golden tile fish with garlic, lemon and butter and roasted broccoli
Grilled Berkshire pork chops, brown rice w/mushrooms, asparagus and homemade apple sauce
Pot roast, frozen and reheated from a batch a few weeks ago.
chicken tenders, Mahi wrap. Clam Chowder
Eggplant Parmigiana tonight.
Fresh hand-caught California spiny lobster, poached with Indian vegetable korma. With 2016 Glenelly Estate Reserve Chardonnay from Stellenbosch, South Africa.
Marcella's stewed pork with porcini and mushrooms
Grilled chicken, cucumber salad, chick pea salad. Dessert was poached bosc pears in red wine (2016 H3 Red Blend).
A friend scored a good load of fresh black truffles from a local restaurant, so Saturday I was volunteered to do a little dinner.
- black truffle salami
- black truffle Manchego (had not seen this before, but man! is it good)
- scrambled eggs with with a bit of green onion, sour cream, topped with truffle oil, lots of shaved truffle
- sautéed wild-foraged chanterelles, sautéed in butter with shallots, finished with Madeira and heavy cream
- spaghetti tossed with my best olive oil, touch of garlic and bit of grated Parmesan, slices of duck sausage, LOTS of shaved black truffle
- sour cherry pie (purchased, and excellent)
And someone else did the dishes for me! 😋
Wines posted in What Are You Drinking thread, but all in all, a special night for us. Hope all of you are also finding opportunities to have nice evenings with good friends during these strangest of times!
Bacon wrapped olives, pepperoni Naan, Turkey wrap
Amazing seafood meal
Whole seabass in red sauce
Incredible tortillas and salsas
Bratwurst, red cabbage, Schnitzel, pretzels, Potato fritters
Chicken tenders, Mahi Tacos
I’m going to try to grill some halibut tonight. I think I have a bottle of some Portuguese white wine. Might give that a shot too.
Spinach and arugula salad and burgers.
Shortcut/cheat cassoulet with chicken thighs and bacon sausage.
Sweet and sour meatballs over rice. Post-vacation - no one wanted to cook and the meatballs were in the freezer