This just showed up in BC, around $17 for a footlong lobster sandwich from Subway. This seems wrong on several levels, anyone tried this thing?
Original Post
Dunder,

I saw the commercials for this...I cant understand why anyone would pay $17 for subway. I imagine the lobster has the texture of rubber and taste of frozen cardboard.
Macdonald's in Maine is rumored to sell lobster sandwiches for years. As far as $17 for Subway lobster, reminds me of the time I tried the beef carpaccio in a third world country. Great way to lose weight.
On a lobster note, my brother had a recent business trip to India and was quite surprised that the tastiest meal he had there was a tandori lobster dish.
quote:
Originally posted by Dunder:
On a lobster note, my brother had a recent business trip to India and was quite surprised that the tastiest meal he had there was a tandori lobster dish.

Actually, that sounds pretty awesome. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by Dunder:
This just showed up in BC, around $17 for a footlong lobster sandwich from Subway. This seems wrong on several levels, anyone tried this thing?


I had one in Halifax last year (i believe) after a night out. It was the only thing open at 3am. While I must admit I was suffering from palate fatigue at that time, it tasted like Hellman's plus some imitation crab.
quote:
Originally posted by vin:
Macdonald's in Maine is rumored to sell lobster sandwiches for years. As far as $17 for Subway lobster, reminds me of the time I tried the beef carpaccio in a third world country. Great way to lose weight.



I used to go there to visit family, I still remember the banner but never tried one.

I don't know if I would like lobster with the pickle, onions, olives, bell peppers, jalapeño pepper, pepperonci, and spinach.
I inquired at a nearby Subway last week, and the sub here costs $19.19 (!!!! Eek Eek Eek Eek) and it's real lobster.
When in Rome...or in Newfoundland..myself and Mr.s Vino San just polished off 5 lbs of fresh crab legs between us. And a half loaf of homemade garlic bread and a bottle of Clay Station Viognier. Crab cost us about $4 a pound. Nobody here would feed a Subway lobster sandwich to a stray dog, not that the stray would want it. Lucky us.

Add Reply

×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×