Oh my!

I figured I’d look into what all the fuss was about this past Friday. I found the first ten minutes of the first episode boring so I turned it off. I came back Saturday to try to make it through the first episode. I did and by the end of the first episode I figured I’d watch the second... and then I watched the third...

I’m done with both seasons. I’m not certain it is one of the very best shows on TV but it might be the most addictive. Alot has been made of “the kids”, and Millie Bobby Brown’s career is obviously on a rocket, but I actually think the cast is uniformly excellent and I’m particularly happy to see David Harbour get a good, prominent role. (Not to take away from the incredible job the children are doing — and yes, when she’s on screen, it is Millie Bobby Brown’s show.)

I’m not a typical Sci-Fi geek and I don’t think you have to be. All of the major characters are fully drawn and realized in a three dimensional way far more complex than they would have been had the show actually been made in the early 80’s.

Bravo!

Original Post
the fact that stranger things actually wraps up each season cleanly so that one feels the satisfaction of sitting through it makes it one fo the best shows I've seen.

i hated all fo the jj abrams shows or a few other scifi channel shows where plot hole mysteries drag on across 2-4 seasons, and the damn show gets canceled.
I've already opined on this show, but agree with it's allure and addictiveness. I swore that I'd only watch 2 episodes a day when S:2 came out. I failed about 27 seconds after the second episode.

Fun show. Props to Winona Rider for her great portrayal of the frazzled mama-bear. She was very good. And ditto on indybob's comment on the soundtrack. Just good all around. Hope to see more from these guys.

PH
Great show, especially for the Netflix concept. S2 is better imo. The Duffer brothers' influences are on a huge display. From Aliens to Close Encounters to an awesome Ghostbusters throw back with Hopper flicking slime of his hands and an awesome Stand Bt Me train track scenes. Part of what makes this show so great is if you are a late 70s early 80s kid, it brings you back. The music is not typical 80s you hear everyday, they mix in some great tunes you've maybe forgotten about.

SPOILER ALERT

That being said I did find it very comical that the demagorgans (sp?) Couldn't break the glass doors to the Hawkins lab. Broke thru everything else, but the glass on those doors??? Maybe they should of built containment room from same glass.
quote:
Originally posted by vinodude:
Great show, especially for the Netflix concept. S2 is better imo. The Duffer brothers' influences are on a huge display. From Aliens to Close Encounters to an awesome Ghostbusters throw back with Hopper flicking slime of his hands and an awesome Stand Bt Me train track scenes. Part of what makes this show so great is if you are a late 70s early 80s kid, it brings you back. The music is not typical 80s you hear everyday, they mix in some great tunes you've maybe forgotten about.

SPOILER ALERT

That being said I did find it very comical that the demagorgans (sp?) Couldn't break the glass doors to the Hawkins lab. Broke thru everything else, but the glass on those doors??? Maybe they should of built containment room from same glass.

demodogs

I’m obviously late to the game, but my wife and I started watching this last night -1st two episodes. I agree with a lot of what was said above, especially regarding the soundtrack and Stand By Me reference. And I quickly scrolled past the posts that said Spoiler Alert. 

billhike posted:

I’m obviously late to the game, but my wife and I started watching this last night -1st two episodes. I agree with a lot of what was said above, especially regarding the soundtrack and Stand By Me reference. And I quickly scrolled past the posts that said Spoiler Alert. 

Let us know how it goes!

Add Reply

Likes (0)