Skip to main content

Dark straw colored with a nose that vaguely resembles what I have come to expect from aged Sauternes.

Definitive tastes of honey and apple, and perhaps a bite of acidity that reminds me of ripe lemon (but just a slight hint of this).

At 15.7% alcohol, I was struck by how easy drinking a wine this is.

Perhaps one of the few SQN white I have truly enjoyed. I find most of the SQN whites very interesting if not a little confusing because I can never seem to place the aromas or taste . . . or at least I can't easily relate them to other wines with which I am familiar.

This wine, however, was truly enjoyable. It quite literally reminds me of what a fantastic Sauternes would taste like if it was stripped of its residual sugar. I realize this is a somewhat odd comparison because this wine shares none of the same grapes with a Sauternes. This SQN is predominantly Chardonnay with a large proportion of Roussanne and smaller bit of Viognier.

Several wine notes claim that this bottle is on the old side of its life. Given my difficulty with younger SQN whites, I would say this was at the perfect age for my palette
Original Post

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.