SoCal Wednesday Jan 30th?

Will be in Irvine for meetings that week and would love to break bread with any interested local forumites. Last time I was there, Marché Moderne provided a great experience, but of course I would defer to local expertise for advice on location.
Original Post
VinT,

I've got meetings in Houston through Wednesday early afternoon so I'm going to see if I can get back in time for this. Will chime in again when I know.

Marche is a good spot although corkage can get pricey with large group. I would throw out Juliette's kitchen which took over the Pascal restaurant space near the airport which has very good food and is wine friendly. Haven't done an offline there but have dined with family and enjoyed it.
I will take care of reservation. I will make it for 6 people as I may be a +1. We can always downsize if needed as the date gets closer. I will call Juliette's today to make reservation for 6pm since they close at 9pm I want to give us time to finish tasting/eating. OpenTable currently shows only 5pm or 7:30pm available but I find calling directly gives you more options. Is this time and venue acceptable to all? I'm flexible.
I will be a +1 with my better half so I have now changed the reservation to 8 people in case VinT is a +1 and everyone else can still make it.

Roll call:

VinT +1?
xhoser +1
GlennK
Wineplease ??
pyang

Am I missing anyone?

Realize there is no theme but it seems that most of us are bringing old world wines. I will bring a red CDP and probably a Loire dry white.

See you Wednesday.
x, I still don't know if my friend Mike is in or out for this - probably a game day decision for him because of work.

I should be able to get a ride over from the office.

I'll be packing a '94 López de Heredia Rioja Gran Reserva.

Looking forward to this!
Just my luck- maintenance delay in Houston. I've explained to the captain that I have an important dinner meeting this evening so he is going to do what he can. This better get handled quickly as I want to taste my first LdH tonight.

Update - supposed to be taking off soon but will likely be a little late to dinner.
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Guys, I really don't know how but I had the 31st in my calendar. I already have plans for tonight so I won't be able to make it. Sorry for the late notice. Hopefully I can meet you next time you are in town VinT.

Glenn - we almost needed your expertise on the Lopez de Heredia but we finally all concluded that the '94 was corked! Frown
quote:
Originally posted by xhoser:
quote:
Originally posted by GlennK:
Guys, I really don't know how but I had the 31st in my calendar. I already have plans for tonight so I won't be able to make it. Sorry for the late notice. Hopefully I can meet you next time you are in town VinT.

Glenn - we almost needed your expertise on the Lopez de Heredia but we finally all concluded that the '94 was corked! Frown
I love the wines, but they are not consistent that is for sure. I have probably had 6 bottles of the 94 now and 4 were great, 1 was good but slightly off and 1 was just off.
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by thelostverse:
quote:

will likely be a little late to dinner.

What else is new? Big Grin

For some reason they don't have the emoticon that would like to respond with...

We do need a flipping the bird emoticon. Big Grin

Add Reply

Likes (0)