g-man posted:
bomba503 posted:

Celebrating the Miracle in Alabama with a 59 La Tache 

it's funny what you did

but sad you dont know the drc vintages =)

It was a hat tip to both potus and the poll from a few years ago of drinking yellowtail with me or 59 (iirc) la tache w/ n marc

g-man posted:

Take it with a grain of salt since it's the acker/rudy bottles they're still trying to pawn off =P  but personally I've refused to buy anything from ackers going forward unless they state the name of the offering.

Probably the reason why I wasn't even considering bidding on one of the vast lots of Burgundy up for sale-  not to mention the stupid prices.

Last night at the refreshed and modernized La Tour d'Argent in Paris, with Racer117 and Julie D, Lady S and I had 3 interesting and delicious bottles.

- NV Maillard Champagne Grand Cru Rosé -- in a word, excellent!

- 1990 Joseph Drouhin Beaune Premier Cru Clos des Mouches -- in spectacular condition, this elegant beauty was loaded with black tea, orange peel, bay leaf floating over a bed of macerated berries with a bit of black truffle and mineral, very good acidity, and continued to evolve slowly over 4 hours; I regretted having to take the final sip.

- 2001 Domaine Georges Roumier Morey Saint-Denis Premier Cru Clos de La Bussiere -- despite a slightly moldy label, the cork was in very good shape and the contents even better; while having similarities to the previous wine, this showed sweeter and richer cherry fruit rather than berry, with hints of basil, some bacon, faint woodsmoke, and a luxurious slowly-fading finish; a wonderful contrast to the Mouches, exhibiting a familial resemblance but with a different personality.  What a treat! 

The wines accompanied an outstanding duck-oriented tasting menu, and I don't think we could have chosen better, thanks to our charming and very capable sommelier Rémy.

Later, a good pour of Adrien Camut Calvados Pays d'Auge 12-Year Old ended one of the best food and wine nights of my life. Yeehaw!!    

And for you, double d, les photos:

IMG_8722

Attachments

Photos (1)
Beta P posted:
sunnylea57 posted:

2008 Boutari Grande Réserve Naoussa

I see these in my cellar and usually pass over them for something else. Not sure why, because they're really good. Serious, with a profile that brings to mind a good quality Côte de Nuit villages wine. Good concentration of dark red fruit, good weight, dusty tannins, balanced acidity, and some sous bois. Super value at $18.95 CAD.  This was my last 2008.

I love these, and still have a couple left. They punch far above their weight.

Agree re: Super value.  Sadly, mine are long gone!

vincentric posted:
Beta P posted:
sunnylea57 posted:

2008 Boutari Grande Réserve Naoussa

I see these in my cellar and usually pass over them for something else. Not sure why, because they're really good. Serious, with a profile that brings to mind a good quality Côte de Nuit villages wine. Good concentration of dark red fruit, good weight, dusty tannins, balanced acidity, and some sous bois. Super value at $18.95 CAD.  This was my last 2008.

I love these, and still have a couple left. They punch far above their weight.

Agree re: Super value.  Sadly, mine are long gone!

Always solid and age worthy. Keeping my 2010s for some time.

Notables over the past few weeks

1996 Château Lynch-Bages

1977 Dalva Vintage Port

2008 Di Meo Taurasi Riserva - total plonk

1999 Fattoria di Fèlsina Berardenga Chianti Classico Riserva Rancia

2017 Domaine Romaneaux-Destezet (Hervé Souhaut) La Souteronne

2003 Tardieu-Laurent Côte-Rôtie

2004 Convento San Francisco S.L. Ribera del Duero

2007 Ornellaia

2011 Castello di Ama Haiku

2013 Tenuta delle Terre Nere Calderara Sottana

2001 Frescobaldi Lamaiole

I'll be drinking a bottle of BV reserve Tapestry blend.  I'm pretty sure it's cooked!!  I mean, Well done cooked.  I assume it's obvious?  BV didn't even put an ice pack in there.   I'd usually let this sit in the cooler for almost a year, but i'm too curious, and I don't want to store bottles I'm gonna end up putting into my anti mosquito candles to drive them away.  

Add Reply

Likes (0)