2014 Recaredo, Cava, Intens Rosat

2012 Le Jardin D'Edouard, Muscadet Sevre et Maine, Chateau-Thébaud

2011 Grosset, Riesling, Polish Hill

2004 Antinori, IGT, Tignanello

2003 Cuvée du Vatican, CdP, Reserve Sixtine

2006 Neal Family, Cabernet Sauvignon, NV

2015 Mas Igneus, Priorat, FA 206

2017 Kracher, Riesling, Beerenauslese Cuvée

The Tignanello was outstanding and my favourite of the lot. The Vatican CdP wasn't far behind though.

Original Post

A few starter wines courtesy of Mr. and Mrs. Seaqum (not including the gobs of champagne consumed in various lounges and airplanes):

Le Mesnil grand cru blancs de blancs brut,  only 30€ here. C'est magnifique!

2016 Jean-Marc Brocard Chablis 1er cru Mont de Milieu. Rich, long, and delicious.

redfreak posted:

Getting through a storm with -

2012 Greer - stunning

Four Square Rum - 2005 

I’d love a TN on the Greer. It is obviously very well regarded and I understand it isn’t all the way on the Diamond Creek side of the style spectrum, but I’m curious if it is the more extracted style (Schrader, Abreu, Bryant, Shafer HSS, etc) or more a bit more elegant or more classic (DV, DV Maya, Screagle, Spottswoode, Seavey, etc). Thanks!

2008 Boutari Grande Réserve Naoussa

I see these in my cellar and usually pass over them for something else. Not sure why, because they're really good. Serious, with a profile that brings to mind a good quality Côte de Nuit villages wine. Good concentration of dark red fruit, good weight, dusty tannins, balanced acidity, and some sous bois. Super value at $18.95 CAD.  This was my last 2008.

At last night's offline at Dragon Boat, Richmond Hill

2014 Aldo Conterno Bussiador (Served blind) thought is was Cote de Beaune white Burg.  Great but does need some time

1996 Louis Brochet HBH Champagne - Finished my bottles of this some time ago and it has advanced since then, gaining weight & complexity.  Aroma of apple pie/apple crisp.  Very nice.

2017 JP & Benoit Droin Chablis Les Clos Grand Cru - young but wonderful.  Great white fruit, balanced.  Probably my favorite white, despite its youth.  

2006 Vincent Giradin Corton Charlemagne Quintessence Grand Cru- excellent.  A bit more of the oxidative tones than my palate prefers, but still great.

2011 Bonneau du Martray Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru - there was much talk of whether this bottle was ok to start, with some weird aromas....  We let it sit, and whatever it was blew off and then it was quite tasty despite its youth.

2012 Antonin Guyon Corton Charlemagne Grand Cru - very tasty but youthful

1992 Moulin Touchais - sat open in an ice bucket most of the dinner.  When we tried it towards the end - wonderful.  This exceeded expectations.  Did not seem sweet, was very balanced with great fruit, complexity.   Beautiful and good with the food.

2013 Louis Jadot Clos Vougeot - young but excellent.  This was my pick of the young reds. 

1995 Cos d'Estournel - firing on all cylinders - in a great spot. 

2016 Anne Gros Echezeaux Grand Cru - a great wine (some people's favorite red) but a little young for my palate.  Definitely greatness ahead for this one. 

The steady stream of food was amazing - thanks to VinChanted for his expertise in ordering and getting the restaurant to adjust the dishes to pair better with the wines. 

Thanks to ABryce for breaking the Toronto offline drought.  Well done!  Great people, food, wine, conversation.  I'd go back to Dragon Boat in a heartbeat.

vincentric posted:

At last night's offline at Dragon Boat, Richmond Hill

Thanks to ABryce for breaking the Toronto offline drought.  Well done!  Great people, food, wine, conversation.  I'd go back to Dragon Boat in a heartbeat.

Nicely done. Sounds like you had a good group. Sorry to have missed it.

sunnylea57 posted:

I see these in my cellar and usually pass over them for something else. Not sure why, because they're really good. Serious, with a profile that brings to mind a good quality Côte de Nuit villages wine. Good concentration of dark red fruit, good weight, dusty tannins, balanced acidity, and some sous bois. Super value at $18.95 CAD.  This was my last 2008.

I love these, and still have a couple left. They punch far above their weight.

sunnylea57 posted:

Awesome.  Ive had one standing for about 4 months and keep passing it over as well.  Will have to get to it soon.

2009 Larkmead Cab

Dumb phase right now.  Extended chewing has opened up some lush fruit but right now, dominant oak and tobacco on the palate.  the nose hints at some great juice underneath with a lovely bright red fruit that doesnt appear when drinking

Acker auction in NYC

Too many wines too list or remember.  Among them:

1962 Vega Sicilia Unico

1961 Giacomo Borgogno barolo

1967 Beaucastel CdP

1992 Abreu Madrona ranch cab

1998 Guigal chateau d'ampuis

1975 BV George  de Latour 

1982 Jaboulet la chapelle hermitage

2005 Dom perignon rose

2005 Guigal ex voto 

1999 vieux chateau certan 

1964 CVNE Imperial Gran reserva

and a boodle of burgundies that were among those being auctioned off

winedrmike posted:

Acker auction in NYC

1962 Vega Sicilia Unico

1967 Beaucastel CdP

2005 Dom perignon rose

2005 Guigal ex voto 

Great lineup!

I love the ‘82 La Chappelle but I haven’t had one in nearly a decade. How is it holding up?

Also, kinda curious if the BV is still kicking it.  I had one in 2004 and thought it was in its peak.

And while we’re at it, how were the Spaniards and the ‘92 Abreu.

winetarelli posted:
winedrmike posted:

Acker auction in NYC

1962 Vega Sicilia Unico

1967 Beaucastel CdP

2005 Dom perignon rose

2005 Guigal ex voto 

Great lineup!

I love the ‘82 La Chappelle but I haven’t had one in nearly a decade. How is it holding up?

Also, kinda curious if the BV is still kicking it.  I had one in 2004 and thought it was in its peak.

And while we’re at it, how were the Spaniards and the ‘92 Abreu.

The '82 Chapelle was fantastic- one of the wines of the day, along with the '62 Unico, and '98 Chateau Ampuis, which was better than the '05 Ex Voto and just kept getting better as the day went on.  The '92 Abreu and the '64 CVNE were rather tasty and showed very well.

the '75 BVGdL was over the hill, and I think we left half the bottle. The '61 Borgogno was a little tired as well.

None of the burgundies rocked me.  There was a 2012 Hudelot Noellat premier cru that was good, but wasn't memorable (obviously-because I can't remember which one it was).

Add Reply

Likes (0)