I recently saw a blurb in Readers Digest which said that somewhere on this site there is information about the second label(s) of major wineries. I'm new to this site -- does anyone know where I might find this information?
Original Post
GummyG,

Welcome to the boards! We're a good bunch--promise Big Grin. Here's the link I think you're looking for:

Second Wines/Second Labels

Hope this finds you well (for some reason the link brings you to the middle of the thread; just scroll to the top).

Soll denn doch getrunken sein,
trinke nur vom besten Wein.
- Goethe
Last edited {1}
I got the impression from the RD article that it was something of a compilation of second labels from various wineries.... so, for example, you could go to a store and see a label and know it was the second label of such-and-such winery ...
I was recently at a website (not this one) that actually had the second labels in Bordeaux listed out...If I run across it again, I'll post the link..otherwise, if anyone else out there has seen this site (or one like it) the link here would be cool. Big Grin
I heard that the second label of Boone's Farm was Night Train. Hope this helps. Big Grin

In all seriousness, welcome to the boards. Enjoy your stay.

LJ

"Drink up, me hardies, YO HO!"

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.