Schott Zsweisel authenticity question

My lovely wife purchased a set of Zsweisel tritan glasses from a professional online store (Wine Stuff) through amazon. The glasses came but none have the "Schott Zsweisel" etching that my other glasses do.

Does anyone here have any Zsweisel glasses without the etching on the bottom? Am I just paraonid, or were we sold fakes? We contacted the seller and they "guarantee they purchase them straight from the manufacturer", but that doesn't tell me what we wanted to hear.

Thoughts?
Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardking:
My lovely wife purchased a set of Zsweisel tritan glasses from a professional online store (Wine Stuff) through amazon. The glasses came but none have the "Schott Zsweisel" etching that my other glasses do.

Does anyone here have any Zsweisel glasses without the etching on the bottom? Am I just paraonid, or were we sold fakes? We contacted the seller and they "guarantee they purchase them straight from the manufacturer", but that doesn't tell me what we wanted to hear.

Thoughts?

when in doubt return them.

all mine have schott on them

i know the restaurant ones don't have schott on them much like the riedel restaurants glasses.

they're usually cheaper and only sold to restaurants
Not sure how, but Schott should try to do a better job with their retailers or their brand will suffer. Saw an offer for the Burgundy Tritan on beverage factory and bought a dozen. The ones i received were Beaujolais glasses, same shape but smaller. Sent them back and although beverage factory reprocessed the order i got back the beaujolais glasses again. Talked to them and their response was that schott is changing the models often and thus they are now calling the burgundy glasses Claret burgundy!! WTF. Cancelled the order.
quote:
Originally posted by lizardking:

Thoughts?

I have bought them for myself from amazon and sur la table as well as in two different restaurants (one in chicago, one in michigan) and every single stem I looked at was branded on the base. Seems shady.

Add Reply

Likes (0)