billhike posted:
winetarelli posted:
bomba503 posted:

wine

But I don't want to.

Plus it wouldn’t be off topic. Fail, dude. 

That's the point. On this thread talking about wine would be both random and off topic. Pretty much the same goes for anything other than politics. It's become the whine thread

bomba503 posted:
billhike posted:
winetarelli posted:
bomba503 posted:

wine

But I don't want to.

Plus it wouldn’t be off topic. Fail, dude. 

That's the point. On this thread talking about wine would be both random and off topic. Pretty much the same goes for anything other than politics. It's become the whine thread

As I did in my last response:  It’s a homophone!

Anal probe insertion in T-minus 3 hours and counting. I'm joking here, but I do hope that people get their recommended colonoscopies as their doctors advise.

napacat posted:

Oh my God...this Democratic debate is brutal!  

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....................

bman posted:
napacat posted:

Exactly right

napacat posted:
bman posted:
napacat posted:

Exactly right

Wasn't referring to the debate. 

bman posted:
napacat posted:
bman posted:
napacat posted:

Exactly right

Just whizzed too quickly over his head.

And talk about a circus of a debate what about the 2016 Republican debates? You actually have one guy who was told his wife is ugly and that is father was in on killing JFK, who now would have his head ALL the way up Trump's ass except Lindsey Graham's is ahead of him. 

napacat posted:

People who think politics should be entertaining are the reason we have 45.  I can’t wait for the days when we are talking about actual policy and change instead of light bulbs and how he can’t flush his shits down the toilet 

jcocktosten posted:

One of my law school classmates was named one of the impeachment managers. 

See that they were all chosen because they are experienced litigators. Smart move, I think. 

jcocktosten posted:

One of my law school classmates was named one of the impeachment managers. 

That's cool. Of course, starting a trial (if that is what they call it) knowing that you're going to lose is a bit of a bummer.

bman posted:
napacat posted:
bman posted:
napacat posted:

Exactly right

You and the Old Man really don't get sarcasm.  

Yeah, we're the ones who didn't get it. You're the one who doesn't realize that we think your opinions are valueless and we all see right through your pathetic attempts to shake things up. You're kind of a joke.

Last edited by The Old Man
The Old Man posted:

Yeah, we're the ones who didn't get it. You're the one who doesn't realize that we think your opinions are valueless and we all see right through your pathetic attempts to shake things up. You're kind of a joke.

Also your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

The Old Man posted:

Look, I get that Napacat is an antagonizer.  Fine.  So is my 12 year old son.  Block him.  Ignore him.  Go the opposite route and try to have a reasonable conversation with him.  

But let's not get to the point where we say that a person is pathetic, or a joke, or that their opinions are valueless.  It seems to me that you spend your whole time on here screaming about a man who is intolerant, ignorant, and doesn't have any human decency, yet you seem to have zero tolerance for anyone who supports the president.  

We all are human.  We all have thoughts and opinions, and despite what you say, they do have value.  Just be respectful man.  

"...yet you seem to have zero tolerance for anyone who supports the president."

Yep, I don't. I believe he's the sixth worst thing that has ever happened to this country. I believe he even may move up on that list depending on what happens this year. His enablers include not only the craven politicians who continue to put party before country, but also all the millions who not only voted for him, but defend him daily. As for Napacat, he asks for it. He comes here every week or two and attempts to throw a troll bomb and it calls for a response. Trump is such a threat to our democracy that every instance needs to be called out. And sometimes I may go over the top in my language, but it doesn't remotely touch what his hero does almost daily.

azwiese posted:
The Old Man posted:

Look, I get that Napacat is an antagonizer.  Fine.  So is my 12 year old son.  Block him.  Ignore him.  Go the opposite route and try to have a reasonable conversation with him.  

But let's not get to the point where we say that a person is pathetic, or a joke, or that their opinions are valueless.  It seems to me that you spend your whole time on here screaming about a man who is intolerant, ignorant, and doesn't have any human decency, yet you seem to have zero tolerance for anyone who supports the president.  

We all are human.  We all have thoughts and opinions, and despite what you say, they do have value.  Just be respectful man.  

Well Put Azweise.  Oh the intolerant left. They cannot converse with anyone...need safe rooms and just decry how anyone could have an opposite view.  We could have some great discussions here and fun.  After all, we all love wine as a starter.  

But no...they think Trump is the worst thing ever...but would have gladly voted for Hillary (sad).  Thanks for the attempt though.  

robsutherland posted:
The Old Man posted:

Also your mother was a hamster, and your father smelt of elderberries.

napacat posted:
azwiese posted:
The Old Man posted:

Well Put Azweise.  Oh the intolerant left. They cannot converse with anyone...need safe rooms and just decry how anyone could have an opposite view.  We could have some great discussions here and fun.  After all, we all love wine as a starter.  

But no...they think Trump is the worst thing ever ..No I said he was the sixth worst thing ever for the US, but certainly the worst president of all time---but would have gladly voted for Hillary (sad).  Thanks for the attempt though.  

And this is the moron you want me to go easy on? For Nappy it's "all about the Benjamins." (He's told us this before, that's the only positive thing he's posted about the demagogue in chief.) He has no problem overlooking racism, bigotry, sexism and antisemitism as long as his pocketbook is full. Disgusting. He and his ilk are the enemies of democracy.

The Old Man posted:
napacat posted:
azwiese posted:
The Old Man posted:

But no...they think Trump is the worst thing ever ..No I said he was the sixth worst thing ever for the US, but certainly the worst president of all time---but would have gladly voted for Hillary (sad).  Thanks for the attempt though.  

And this is the moron you want me to go easy on? For Nappy it's "all about the Benjamins." (He's told us this before, that's the only positive thing he's posted about the demagogue in chief.) He has no problem overlooking racism, bigotry, sexism and antisemitism as long as his pocketbook is full. Disgusting. He and his ilk are the enemies of democracy.

God your an idiot old man.  Go easy on?  Don't do me any favors.  All you scream is racist, sexist and bigot.  Just like all you "woke" fools.  Enjoy your party's move towards  Omar an Tlaib and see where it gets you. 

Vilify a man for shaking hands with the President of the U.S.  You are a sad and depressing bunch of out of touch, whiny fools.   Keep speaking about your aspect ratio as well...and we will enjoy another four more years of prosperity and common sense.  

Cheers...Old Man!

"Just like all you "woke" fools."

If by "woke" you mean against racism and bigotry, I've been that way since I was 10, decades before that's silly new use of the word. Apparently championing human rights, and human dignity is beyond your understanding. Now go count your money.

Get a room, you two.  Or, argue facts and falsehoods and leave it at that. The other shit is getting old, even for me.  

PH

I'm sorry, however I believe I have a very distinctive avator, especially since it's black and white. It would be very easy to simply ignore my posts here. Just change the channel.

The Old Man posted:

I'm sorry, however I believe I have a very distinctive avator, especially since it's black and white. It would be very easy to simply ignore my posts here. Just change the channel.

I was as much posting regarding my own view, but also thinking that your "tilting at windmills," with napa might becoming tiresome for others.  So... you two: why not do this?

Make a statement, and ask for rebuttal.

Ask a question, and wait for an answer.  Argue the facts.  Quit the hysterics.

I can assure you this, you'll not convert him, nor will he you.  So quit pissing into the wind here.  The place is toxic enough already.  Unless you'd like to be the new Board-O, or perhaps the new Mr. Cabernet??

PH

purplehaze posted

AMEN! 

The place is toxic enough already.  Unless you'd like to be the new Board-O, or perhaps the new Mr. Cabernet??

DON'T SAY THE LATTER EVEN IN JEST!   

PH

purplehaze posted:
The Old Man posted:

I was as much posting regarding my own view, but also thinking that your "tilting at windmills," with napa might becoming tiresome for others.  So... you two: why not do this?

I can assure you this, you'll not convert him, nor will he you.  So quit pissing into the wind here.  The place is toxic enough already.  Unless you'd like to be the new Board-O, or perhaps the new Mr. Cabernet??

PH

No, he's no one I wish to engage, however I will take heed of your point.

But note, we have argued facts in the past and like many (most?) Trump supporters they simply don't accept them. They have the "alternate facts."

The Old Man posted:

Kind of a putzy move by Pelosi and the gang with the pens.

More than "kind of."  It was ridiculous.  Not sure what she was thinking, as I think she's handled her end of the impeachment well so far.  Terrible optics and impression left.

PH

I'm all for tradition and pomp and circumstance, but walking the articles of impeachment with an entourage......Don't they have email?

irwin posted:

I'm all for tradition and pomp and circumstance, but walking the articles of impeachment with an entourage......Don't they have email?

wi-fi was down

billhike posted:

Anyone else have Antonio Brown in their dead pool?

Unfortunately, Delonte West has shorter odds to win amongst ex-players.......

Add Reply

Link copied to your clipboard.