mikemann posted:

Two days since anybody posted about wine! And you wonder why this former great site has passed on! Both excellent!

I guess sometimes there's more important things to talk about than wine--like concern for our democracy and the rule of law. There's a lot to be sober about these days whether the (very small) troop of Trumpanzies around here know it or not.

billhike posted:
purplehaze posted:

And somewhere in the swamps of Alabama, a bridge is missing its troll.

PH

You mean a shuffleboard court in Florida, or the salad, ribeye and red to be determined cafe.

I'm surprised he could take a break from watching the disgusting video shown to 45's supporters at 45's Resort in Florida.  I won't post a link, easy enough to google.  One of these deranged supporters is going to take this as a call to do harm to a media member, and Trump has (as of now) yet to denounce the video.  

"One of these deranged supporters is going to take this as a call to do harm to a media member..."

Did you forget it's already happened? We had all those the packages delivered to CNN and other media and politicians who the so-called president of the United States has called the enemy of the people. He's a pig and his supporters are pigs.

The Old Man posted:

"One of these deranged supporters is going to take this as a call to do harm to a media member..."

Did you forget it's already happened? We had all those the packages delivered to CNN and other media and politicians who the so-called president of the United States has called the enemy of the people. He's a pig and his supporters are pigs.

I should've clarified " to do hard to a media member Again..."  You are correct 100%

wineart 2 posted:

Well, hell. I was going to stop and shop for groceries today but I forgot my I.D. According to the orange pile of dung I / we must have an I.D. to do such.  

Funny.  I went to the store to buy a baguette, but forgot my money.  But I showed the clerk my ID and told him that Mexico would pay for it.  Fortunately, the guy was wearing a MAGA hat, and he believed me.  Baguette acquired!!  

PH

The Old Man posted:

Can't say it couldn't happen, look what happened at the Republican baseball practice when Steve Scalise was shot.

thistlintom posted:
The Old Man posted:

Can't say it couldn't happen, look what happened at the Republican baseball practice when Steve Scalise was shot.

Agreed.  Hyper-partisanship is poisoning politics in the US and elsewhere.  But I would think there is a lot more danger from the right than the left, due to Trump's encouragement of it, the far right nutjobs on radio and online outnumbering those on the far left, and the likelihood that those on the right are probably more likely to be armed, given the second amendment seems to be more of a thing for the right than the left.  But mostly due to Trump's daily dismantling of what used to be considered respectful political discourse and behaviour.

thistlintom posted:
The Old Man posted:

b-man beat me to the general thought, since I'm deep into the Nats' game at the moment.  You probably don't want to get into a tit-for-tat comparison on mass gun violence and political orientation.  Trust me.  Numbers don't lie.

PH

thistlintom posted:
The Old Man posted:

As others have pointed out, false equivalence. No one of any import has called for the death of any Republican congressman. The POS POTUS has the most powerful megaphone in the world. He has directly called reporters and Democrats the enemy of the people and he certainly has encouraged violence in speeches to mesmerized audiences at his spittle-fests.

patespo1 posted:
billhike posted:
purplehaze posted:

And somewhere in the swamps of Alabama, a bridge is missing its troll.

PH

You mean a shuffleboard court in Florida, or the salad, ribeye and red to be determined cafe.

I'm surprised he could take a break from watching the disgusting video shown to 45's supporters at 45's Resort in Florida.  I won't post a link, easy enough to google.  One of these deranged supporters is going to take this as a call to do harm to a media member, and Trump has (as of now) yet to denounce the video.  

Video not on FOX, so he did not see it

"Does the treatment by China to its citizens and to HK citizens affect the way you make your purchasing decisions?" -- Maybe it should.  Interestingly, there are folks who feel it is appropriate to boycott Israel, because of alleged maltreatment of Palestinians. (This, despite the fact that some Palestinians shoot off missiles or engage in other terrorist activity).  Yet, I am unaware of any organization seeking to boycott Chinese imported goods, just because they harvest organs from living unwilling donors, keep political prisoners in horrible conditions, and thwart attempts to democratize--and so forth.   Maybe there should be a boycott China movement.

irwin posted:

"Does the treatment by China to its citizens and to HK citizens affect the way you make your purchasing decisions?" -- Maybe it should.  Interestingly, there are folks who feel it is appropriate to boycott Israel, because of alleged maltreatment of Palestinians. (This, despite the fact that some Palestinians shoot off missiles or engage in other terrorist activity).  Yet, I am unaware of any organization seeking to boycott Chinese imported goods, just because they harvest organs from living unwilling donors, keep political prisoners in horrible conditions, and thwart attempts to democratize--and so forth.   Maybe there should be a boycott China movement.

“Boycott China?  Where am I going to get my MAGA gear made?  Where will my next wife, I mean daughter, get her knockoff fashions and shoes made?”

- Putin’s Bitch

irwin posted:

"Alleged maltreatment of Palestinians"? Realizing this topic has more layers than an onion, but I think "alleged" is an inaccurate adjective. Not to every Palestinian, but it's happening.  However,  I wouldn't paint a broad brush on the entire country and people of Israel and boycott it, any more than 'some Palestinians engage in terrorist activities' means all Palestinians deserved to be maltreated.  

wineart 2 posted:

Erdogan said he threw the orange dumpster childish letter in the trash. I hope he at least wiped his ass with it first. I just don’t believe we should be wasteful. 

The letter was a direct insult.  No diplomacy at all,  I think the letter was back dated to make orange man look good

This "The Apprentice" playing president.   

flwino posted:
The letter was a direct insult.  No diplomacy at all, 

This "The Apprentice" playing president.   

That letter was a CYA move for his base.  The dotard made this incredibly impetuous and irresponsible  move shortly after a phone call with Erdogan.  I would LOVE to see the transcript of that call.

PH

billhike posted:

Nobel for 45 after brokering that great peace agreement?

Can you imagine what we gave up for this not to last BS. 

The Dump was desperate as his own party was up in arms. Turkey wins and the American public pays for the Dumps stupidity and worse, abandonment of an ally. 

wineart 2 posted:
billhike posted:

The Dump was desperate as his own party was up in arms. Turkey wins and the American public pays for the Dumps stupidity and worse, abandonment of an ally. 

Or, worse than that, some of those escaped ISIS fighters getting to the US committing terrorists acts there.  Or against US interests in Europe or elsewhere.  Or against anyone else.  Perhaps the stupidest thing Trump said (aside from the WWII reference!) throughout this whole affair was that the escaped ISIS terrorists would not be America's problem.  

On the bright side though, a majority of Republicans in the House voted against him.  

"Mulvaney Acknowledges Quid Pro Quo In Trump Ukraine Call, Says ‘Get Over It’."

For weeks they, and the bigot in chief, told us there was "No quid pro quo", now his chief of staff admits there was. #TheGangThatCouldn'tShootStraight.

Oh yeah, "Turkish Foreign Minister: 'This is not a ceasefire.'"

Pence says Cease Fire, Turks say no way.  Will still move and hope Kurds leave quickly.  Another great deal by #45

Turkey got “exactly what they wanted” out of the meeting with Vice President Mike Pence, a senior Turkish official told CNN today

bman posted:
wineart 2 posted:
billhike posted:

Or, worse than that, some of those escaped ISIS fighters getting to the US committing terrorists acts there.  Or against US interests in Europe or elsewhere.  Or against anyone else.  Perhaps the stupidest thing Trump said (aside from the WWII reference!) throughout this whole affair was that the escaped ISIS terrorists would not be America's problem.  

On the bright side though, a majority of Republicans in the House voted against him.  

The Dump has one policy. Himself first and he doesn’t even care other than that, but spews America second.  He sure in the hell doesn’t care about Europe. 

Plus, B, as he said, ISIS is 7000 miles from America, so fret not.  I guess the 911 terrorist were from Queens. 

wineart 2 posted:
bman posted:
wineart 2 posted:
billhike posted:

The Dump has one policy. Himself first and he doesn’t even care other than that, but spews America second.  He sure in the hell doesn’t care about Europe. 

Plus, B, as he said, ISIS is 7000 miles from America, so fret not.  I guess the 911 terrorist were from Queens. 

He does care about Europe. - Russia & Ukraine

flwino posted:
wineart 2 posted:
bman posted:
wineart 2 posted:
billhike posted:

He does care about Europe. - Russia & Ukraine

Touché... see my first sentence... he cares only about himself and yes, your two indeed benefit the orange pile on dung. 

My bad...

Add Reply

Likes (0)